Cloud vs Ultra Storage Motion missing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Here is a link to my cloud storage detecting motion (no note of person detected).

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/B9DD755D8CD9D4E3_202007

About 5 secs of footage at the beginning on the actual hub SD card recording shows me walking into frame to get something. This is NOT on the cloud recording nor on my Arlo App notification until I click Ultra Hub recording option.

Highly frustrating, seems to be happening on events coming in from the right side of frame, not as much with coming in from the left.

anyone else experiencing same? Seems to be Ultra related, as my Pro 3 floodlight is not having this issue, both synced to same Hub... have reset hub and taken battery out of Ultra.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JehovasFitness

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Chilliwilly
Tutor
Tutor

I would be interested in the troubleshooting steps as well since mines does the same.  Videos of motion are available on the hub in some cases but not the cloud.  I am not sure what troubleshooting the end user can do for this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Chilliwilly

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chilliwilly wrote:

I would be interested in the troubleshooting steps as well since mines does the same.  Videos of motion are available on the hub in some cases but not the cloud.  I am not sure what troubleshooting the end user can do for this.

That sounds like Arlo Smart is the cause. If Smart determines that the subject is one of the items you've deselected it discards the video. However, since the local storage has nothing to do with Smart, the recording is intact. Either select all items in Smart or deactivate the camera in the Smart settings.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary
Exactly. That's why their suggestions to trouble shoot on our end is a waste of time. It's their issue
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation