Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No fast forward, enlarge screen or zoom

Discussion stats
talv
Guide
Guide

In the last 2 days there is no fast forward bar or enlarge screen icon or zoom icon on my library videos. I use laptop and tried 3 different browsers and restarted. Was working fine 2 days ago for a long time. I have changed nothing. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There has been an update that should resolve this issue. Please open your browser clear the cache and test again. Please let me know if you still experience any further issues.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

There has been an update that should resolve this issue. Please open your browser clear the cache and test again. Please let me know if you still experience any further issues.

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

While we work to resolve this issue, you can try this temporary workaround that should help with the full screen issue. While playing a recording you can use the following commands:
    Mac: option+enter
    Windows: alt+enter

85 REPLIES 85
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

i have two arlo systems, each at a separate location with six vmc3030 cameras at one location and 4 vmc3030 cameras at the second location.

all cameras have the most recently available updates (firmware=1.5.295, hardware h7. both systems have current arlo secure subscriptions). 

i access the arlo systems through my hp pc with windows 10...as i have for many years.

yesterday, all cameras worked great!

this morning, when i played videos from either system, the video played, but no slider/timer appeared at the bottom of the screen. 

the slider/timers appeared at the bottom of all screens in the (30-day) library yesterday...but are gone on all videos in the (30-day) library today!

the play and pause buttons still appear on all screens...and are fully functional.

redefining the zones  did not solve the problem.

changing the recording minutes on a camera (in "mode") did not solve the problem.

re-booting the  base station (in "settings") did not solve the problem. 

logging off and back on did not work either.

please advise...what is the fix?

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I am not able as of today, 6/14/23, to view my library in Chrome full screen.  There is no option (the arrows) to enlarge then back to normal.  Does anyone know what is wrong?  Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Have you tried clearing your cache? Do you have a screenshot you can provide of the missing expansion arrows? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried clearing your cache? Can you provide a screenshot of the missing options.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I cleared the cache and even used Edge browser.  No difference.  

b_k_0-1686789462632.png

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

It works on my android, but I use the computer for bigger viewing.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I forgot I also cannot drag the cursor for faster viewing (sometimes I get the verbiage to download when I can't drag to the end of the video).  That option is also gone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, I have provided this to the team and I will update you as soon as possible. 

janiceasad
Star
Star

I have 4 arlo pro 2 cameras.  They work fine but when you see the clips there is no bar or line on the bottom to make big or hurry it up.  All the cameras just stopped the bar on the bottom.  Can anyone help

janiceasad
Star
Star

I dont know how to answer back to people.   Or take a screen shot.   can you help me

janiceasad
Star
Star

The bar at the bottfom of clips is not there.  I cant make the pictures big.     I also need how to take a screen shot  Thanks

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. Arlo cannot apply a software fix/upgrade without breaking something else. They fixed the issue with not being able to zoom in while watching live video but they removed the tool bar from the Library videos. Now we cannot pause, fast forward, rewind, or go full screen on any library videos on the PC app.

Bottom line is that Arlo has zero quality control or testing before pushing new software. It will probably take months for them to fix this issue and when they do they will probably break something else. It's the Arlo way.

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. Arlo cannot apply a software fix/upgrade without breaking something else. They fixed the issue with not being able to zoom in while watching live video but they removed the tool bar from the Library videos. Now we cannot pause, fast forward, rewind, or go full screen on any library videos on the PC app.

Bottom line is that Arlo has zero quality control or testing before pushing new software. It will probably take months for them to fix this issue and when they do they will probably break something else. It's the Arlo way.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you.  I hope Arlo can fix this and I was reminded of the ability to zoom wasn't there as well.  Thank you Marc for this.  Thank you ShaneS for seeing my post and helping with the fixing of this.  

taoman54
Tutor
Tutor

Exact same problem. I have 16 PRO2 cameras spread over 4 base stations. Tool bar is gone for all recorded library videos when viewed on a PC. Can't maximize the video or see the time elapsed as the video plays. Aaarrgghh!!

Seriously? Just how screwed up is Arlo? As you say, "It's the Arlo way."

IshmaelB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since yesterday, videos in the Library no longer have a progress bar.

This is on multiple accts, on different machines, running different OS.

Another Arlo innovation.

kjd8135
Tutor
Tutor

Screenshot 2023-06-15 103442.jpg

captnpops
Tutor
Tutor

As of 6/15/23:  windows 11 laptop no longer displays library video record times, nor allows a mouse to move the video forward. In addition, there is no longer a expandable window to click on. Meanwhile, the arlo app for andriod works, allowing these features. cameras are arlo pro, and pro 2.

functionality of the scheduling and devices is unchanged

signin is via: https://my.arlo.com/#/login and going straight to arlo.com, and following the prompts.

RCB9
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem. There are no icons at bottom of recorded video but there is for live video. I have not used laptop for a few weeks so not sure when issue began. Very frustrating. I use Edge since Firefox will not play the Arlo video. I cleared cache and reset the base station.

IshmaelB
Apprentice
Apprentice

In Library, the only remaining icons are stop/start and pop-out.

In pop-out you have all the previous icons from each video PLUS ahead/back 2 sec. The added this and broke the legacy method.  Now we have to do more clicks for the same function.  I have 400+ vids each day to review and this is horrible.

IshmaelB
Apprentice
Apprentice

See msg 15

RCB9
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for reply.  However, I only have start/stop.  What does pop-out look like/located?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all the feedback regarding this issue. I have notified the team and I will update this thread with more info as soon as received.

IshmaelB
Apprentice
Apprentice

The pop-out icon is on the right-hand side about a third of the way up the frame.  You have to hover over the frame and move the mouse to reveal it.  It will fade out in a few seconds if not clicked.