Night Vision not working on **BOTH** Ultra Pro 2 and wired doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Night Vision not working on Ultra Pro and wired doorbell both connected to a VMB5000r5 hub. 

There are lights on the homes across the street from me which shouldn't affect it and never did before.  It looks like the image is in VERY WEAK VERY DARK color.  Usually, night vision gives that ghostly black & white image. It worked for the first couple weeks I have had the devices but not any longer.  I just noticed it when we got a late delivery today and the guy wasn't visible until he set off the motion sensitive lights at the front door.

This is what I am seeing on the doorbell.  Same on the Ultra 2.  There is about 20 feet of sidewalk not even slightly visible.

IMG_5070.jpeg

ALSO, a separate issue, the floodlight doesn't work when I manually turn it on (I never use it automatically).  I've rebooted the hub and power cycled the doorbell (not the Ultra). Didn't help.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AbeG wrote:

Night Vision not working on Ultra Pro and wired doorbell both connected to a VMB5000r5 hub. 

There are lights on the homes across the street from me which shouldn't affect it and never did before.  It looks like the image is in VERY WEAK VERY DARK color. 

Have you tried disabling low-light color in the video settings?

One aspect here is that the lighting across the street is quite bright, and might be tricking the exposure firmware in the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Would you post a daytime snapshot of the camera view? It kinda looks like there's nothing close enough for a 100 lumen spotlight to illuminate.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Would you post a daytime snapshot of the camera view? It kinda looks like there's nothing close enough for a 100 lumen spotlight to illuminate.

I think @AbeG's  goal is to use NightVision instead of low-light color.

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

I think @AbeG's  goal is to use NightVision instead of low-light color.

Correct.  Besides, I DO NOT HAVE a "low-light color" option.   The only video options I have are:

Doorbell: 

Auto HDR (ON)

Night Vision (ON)

Video Quality (1536 x1536) 

NO "low-light" settings menu option

Ultra 2 Plus:

Local 4K (ON)

Auto HDR (ON)

Low Light Settings sub menu:

Spotlight (OFF) Doesn't work anyway

Night Vision (ON)

Here is daytime photo:

IMG_5071.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AbeG wrote:

Ultra 2 Plus:

Local 4K (ON)

Auto HDR (ON)

Low Light Settings sub menu:

Spotlight (OFF) Doesn't work anyway

Night Vision (ON)

If the spotlight was on, you'd also see "color" here.  I'd forgotten that the wired doorbell doesn't have that particular setting.

FWIW, if the Ultra is still covered by warranty, you contact support for an RMA.

I am still thinking the lights across the street are bright enough to prevent the doorbell from shifting into NiightVision mode.  Unfortunately, there is no setting to control that threshold.

Not sure if AutoHDR is helping or hurting - you might try disabling it and see.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation