Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC ... I have noted the new VMB5000 basestation update today and checked the version on my base station which is indeed the latest. The fixes listed for this update do not include fixing the quarter screen issue which occurs in the activity zones setting when local 4k live streaming is enabled? I’m still seeing only a quarter of the screen? Can you confirm if this was meant to be fixed in this latest firmware update, it would appear not? However the other firmware update mentioned in your post for presumably a different basestation implies this has been repaired?
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harlequinman,

The issue you're referring to was fixed in the Ultra camera firmware release, not the SmartHub release you're quoting here.

Check to make sure your Ultra camera has the firmware listed here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Ultra-VMC5040-1-070-50-2-205-0c7c8e1-19th-...

If you're still seeing the issue, remove the battery from your camera, replace it, and test again.

JamesC

harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC ... thank-you. Firstly I couldn’t see what VMC5040 was as this model number is not referred to in the device info section for each camera... under hardware it just says H7? Conversely for the hub in the device info hardware section the model number is actually noted.

More importantly I have checked the firmware version for the cameras and they are not the latest i.e. new version 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1, and it tells me there are “no updates” available? Do I need to remove the cameras from the hub and add them back on to kick the firmware updates into happening?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harlequinman,

The cameras should update automatically overnight if they have not received the update yet. If you do not received the update in the next 24 hours, you may need to reach out to the support team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC after the hub update yesterday my cameras recorded all day without missing sections of the recording but after this mornings camera update they are back to taking a snapshot at the trigger and then missing the next 20 or so seconds and showing the last 10 to 15.  So say a car will trigger the camera and that pic shows in the library but then only the last 10 seconds of a 35 sec setting shows the car parked.  Everything in between is missing.

harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
Hmm .. picked up some videos which recorded overnight showing footage of people in frame right at the start but no evidence of how they got there so clearly there is some video missing overall. Yes agree 1/4 problem has now gone but now replaced with this worse issue! I’d rather see the whole video from the trigger than have bits missing! Why is it every time something major is fixed, it is replaced with another major problem!
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That's the one I was complaining about ever since the Dec. 2 update.  It was gone for one day after the last hub update but returned the next day.  I've read on here of issues others were having but I wasn't and then after an update they say it's fixed but then I have it, go figure.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation