Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DinoP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought an Arlo Ultra and was able to set it up and was working intially. I remember it detected an update and it also detected at some point an update for the camera. After both updates were installed the system was all working fine. I was able to test and the unit was able to capture videos of my movement. The setting up was done in the evening.

Next morning, I checked the Arlo app on my iPad and Ultra base unit was showing up as offline. I had to go to work so was only able to test in the afternoon. I have done the following and none was able to fix it:

- Powered off the Ultra base unit then powered it on again - Ultra base unit still showing as offline

- Done a factory reset of the base unit, tried to detect the base unit but couldn't be detected

- Replaced the Ethernet cable, still base couldn't be detected

- The single LED light shows the following: Amber light for 47 seconds, then turns to Blue for 10 seconds, then turns Amber for 12 seconds, then LED turns off for 4 seconds... then repeats the cycle again, endlessly... it seems like the base unit is trying to do a power cycle by itself.

Is there anything else I can do before I return it to the shop which i bought it from? 

Quite annoyed that for a device that cost this much, it didn't even last for a day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DinoP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for replying, and yes I also saw that link you shared. I returned the defective unit and got it replaced. Currently this unit is so far working. I'll see if it last more than a day this time... 

DinoP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DinoP,

The LED behavior you're describing doesn't sound like any of the patterns listed here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

The first LED sequence you describe, 47 seconds Amber to Blue sounds like the boot up. Once the LED turns blue, this indicates the SmartHub is connected to the internet. If the LED goes off and the sequence starts over, this would indicate a reboot. If this is happening repeatedly, this could be an indication of a hardware issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team and open a ticket to further investigate.

JamesC

DinoP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for replying, and yes I also saw that link you shared. I returned the defective unit and got it replaced. Currently this unit is so far working. I'll see if it last more than a day this time... 

DinoP

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation