Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the Pro 2 charger work to charge the ultra camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Will the Pro 2 charger work to charge the ultra camera I know the wire is different but will the charger work

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Have you tried it because, I tried it and the camera was making a clicking noise I'm not sure what that was all about
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Has anybody actually tried the Arlo Pro 2 charger to see if it will charge the ultra continuously thanks in advance
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The charger that comes with a Pro 2 camera will not charge an Ultra camera...

Ultra uses a magnetic charging solution that is not compatible with Pro 2. For more information, take a look here: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra or Pro 3 camera?

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I know the wires different but the wire unplugs from the charger I'm talking about the charger brick will that brick charge the Ulta
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I have tried the Pro 2 charger brick to charge the ultra camera and it seems to be working okay
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
Has anybody actually tried the Arlo Pro 2 charger to see if it will charge the ultra continuously thanks in advance

It does here.

After all, the adapter itself is a standard USB.

Ultra, Pro 2 and Pro 3 all work.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

After all, the adapter itself is a standard USB.

Not quite.  The pro-2 adapter supports quick charge, the others don't.  Though that won't affect this particular scenario, the ultra adapter won't quick-charge the Pro-2 camera 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation