Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My ultra camera battery is draining after 4 days

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AmandaRo
Follower
Follower
My Arlo ultra camera battery is draining after 4 days. I’ve tried replacing batteries with the other cameras, disconnected and reconnecting and updating firm ware. What now? It’s difficult climbing up to replace and recharge. Pls can you advise a solution. It seems from the board this is not an isolated incident.
3 REPLIES 3
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
If u get quiet a lot of motion in front of your camera, thats the typical ultra battery life... arlo pro 2 last much longer, like 20 days in same circumstances!
Must connect to power or they are worthless coz climbing every 4days to charge or exchange battery is not fun
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Battery life depends on how far the cameras are from the base station, and the strain you put on them. Loads of long recordings eat juice, especially with cameras a long way from the hub.

My experience is that batteries in Ultra cameras last for several weeks of moderate activity.  My furthest is about 40 feet from the hub. Pro 2 cameras certainly last longer, but they have poorer resolution.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ertriad
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you haven't done it yet, try RESTARTING the base station from the App (Cog wheel to right of Base Station >  Restart at bottom of screen). Worked for me.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation