Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 motion detection areas setup, 1 on each camera

The problem that is confusing me is the walkway on the right camera (YELLOW) is being setoff and wondering if something is overlapping from the walkway on the left camera BLUE)

The only areas that are saved is the BLUE and the PINK.  The YELLOW is also whats being recoded and sent notification

I DINT want this are area in YELLOW.  Just the PINK on the right cametra

Motion.png

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

I have 2 motion detection areas setup, 1 on each camera

The problem that is confusing me is the walkway on the right camera (YELLOW) is being setoff and wondering if something is overlapping from the walkway on the left camera BLUE)

The only areas that are saved is the BLUE and the PINK.  The YELLOW is also whats being recoded and sent notification

I DINT want this are area in YELLOW.  Just the PINK on the right cametra

Motion.png

The cameras are independent, so the activity zone on the left won't apply at all to the camera on the right.

Is it practical to raise the balcony camera slightly, so that the walkway isn't in the field of view?

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion, but NO!

Moving to the camera around to avoid motion areas is NOT how it works.

Im trying to find out technically how it works.

If I create watch zones, will it only alert me to those zones or why even bother with zones if it detects motion throughout the whole camera lens?
I feel, as there are other programs that use zones, to have the ability to EXCLUDE specific areas too!

IT seems right now, even if I created 2 zones, the WHOLE viewing area is motion activated, and thats NOT HOW IT WORKS!  In normal programs anyway!

Any ideas Netgear why the yellow are in the picture is detecting motion when I have a specific zone (PINK) for motion detection???

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

Netgear 

Netgear isn't involved - Arlo became a separate company in 2018.

@ButchZ66 wrote:

IT seems right now, even if I created 2 zones, the WHOLE viewing area is motion activated, and thats NOT HOW IT WORKS!  

Of course it should be limiting the notifications and recordings to the area you specified.  You can of course contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

You could also try removing and recreating the activity zone.

I suggested shifting the camera up a bit because your other camera already covers the walk.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

I did not know they seperated.  My searches are coming up with older information so pardon me for being outdated  🙂

I dont understand what you mean since the walkway is already covered.

Id like to view that area on the balcony camera, but not triggered.  Only the walkway on the Front Door Camera
This is where Im confused as why the Balcony camera walkway is being triggered.
I will recreate zones as that makes sense for now

I appreciate your input and advice as Im still trying to understand why certain things are happening.
Im coming from a Lorex DVR system similar to the Ultra so my thinking on the apps and zones maybe also outdated and stuck with the older app thinking

Thats why I was asking about the exclusion zone setting if they could add, then we wouldnt have this issue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

Thats why I was asking about the exclusion zone setting if they could add, then we wouldnt have this issue

I would like to see exclusion zones also.

@ButchZ66 wrote:

I dont understand what you mean since the walkway is already covered.

I just meant it is covered by your other camera.  I was thinking that was the same walkway (though I guess it might not be).

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

No its a different zone on different camera.  Still trying to figure out why but I did adjust zones and see what happens

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation