Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hay35Y
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I bought the 2 camera system.  I want to add 3 or 4 more cameras - what's the most cost effective way of doing it please?  Do I need to buy a whole new 4 camera set and, if so, can it all be configured as one so 6 cameras on one app?

Thanks

Ed

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want to stay on the free/Basic level of service, you are allowed 5 cameras total...

Mind that they do not record to the cloud at 4K ( but only mem card ) unless you pick up the extra service.

If going to a higher level, you can have more cameras and a longer storage time on the cloud

As to cost, with kits, the base is almost free, and at times it pays to have more than one base. It is the only true way to expand coverage area.

Quick check ( do this your self to verify ) a add on camera runs 300, a two cam kit with base is 600... ( they also sell a 3 cam kit too ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@Hay35Y,

I think the most cost effective way is to watch the sales and compare prices with individual add on cameras vs purchasing a kit with the number of cameras you wish to add.

You should have received the one year free subsription to the Premier plan which will allow you to use up to 10 cameras so you should have no problems with using the original hub only and possibly saving the other hub, (providing you purchase a kit witha hub), either to use at another location or to gift to another family member. 

The problem might arise after the one year free subscription runs out. If you do not renew it, you will only be limited to using 5 cameras and you will miss many of the features that the subscription gives you.

Brian

Hay35Y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated
Hay35Y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! Much appreciated
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes