Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes Getting Status

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Elowe228
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 cameras with the VMB5000 base. Getting the mode to show status and being able to arm/disarm started taking longer after/between 1 - 2 weeks owning the system. Please read on before reponding.
Yes; base, camera, and app on andriod phone are up to date. I have also restarted the base thru the app and by disconnecting power, cycled power on the cameras etc, deleted and reinstalled the app. The app shows getting status from several seconds to minutes. Times were I have to close or force close the app and reopen. Also instances when the app only shows device and library mode doesn't appear; after restarting the app mode appears. This issue is not just happening on one andrioid device some of these are happening on others who have been granted permissions and created their own account. Since the issues are happening on multiple devices meaning phones I am thinking the issue is with the app. This is why a keypad wiuld be helpful when the app isn't working.
1 REPLY 1
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Elowe228 I had the same issues when I first but my Arlo Ultra system almost one year ago.  It turns out those 'getting information' issue was caused by my router settings.

After I got a new router and left it set with the default settings then the 'getting information' mode issue went away.

I highly recommend you 'defaulting' the settings on your router.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation