Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing record button from Arlo App. Arlo Base VMB5000r5, Arlo VMC5040 and Arlo Wireless Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DLondeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to record manually with the Arlo App, Android ver 4.3.5.  My setup is a VMB5000r5 Base with two VMC5040 cameras and a Wireless Doorbell. I have an SD Card in the base unit to provide local storage. There is no record button as shown in the support discussions for manually recording videos. I have checked the memory card and performed a format with the base unit option to make sure the card was ready for use. Is there a fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Manual video recording is only to the cloud storage, not local. This is why the record button is missing. 

DLondeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Per Last Updated:01/30/2023 | Article ID: 000062734 

• You must have cloud recording, local storage, or both to be able to record a livestream. If you do not have one of the two, option to record will not be available. 

Per Last Updated:04/20/2023 | Article ID: 000063027 

• You must have Arlo Secure cloud recording, local storage, or both to manually record.
    • If you do not have one of the two, the option to manually record will not be available.

Are these articles not accurate?  If not, they need to be edited to reflect correct information. Or the app needs to be updated for those who are using local storage.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Historically manual recording has always required cloud storage  capability and it never gets saved to local storage devices. This is my understanding from reading past user posts.

The articles quoted do make you believe that manual recordings are also stored locally to the base storage device but I can confirm it is not the case for me with the cloud service.

I agree that the documents should be reworded to reflect what actually is.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DLondeen wrote:

Per Last Updated:01/30/2023 | Article ID: 000062734 

• You must have cloud recording, local storage, or both to be able to record a livestream. If you do not have one of the two, option to record will not be available. 

Per Last Updated:04/20/2023 | Article ID: 000063027 

• You must have Arlo Secure cloud recording, local storage, or both to manually record.
    • If you do not have one of the two, the option to manually record will not be available.

Are these articles not accurate?  If not, they need to be edited to reflect correct information. 

They aren't accurate.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can take action.

FWIW, my opinion is that manual recording should work if you only have local storage (and should work if 2K/4K livestreaming is enabled).  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation