Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing events that should have triggered motion on Ultra. Tried changing sensitivity.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nwviewer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 arlo ultras. I'm finding that I'm missing events that should  have triggered the motion activation.

I am looking at the motion detection sensitivity settings under the "device utilities, motion detection test"

I'm assuming that the 100% is the most sensitive (small object trigger motion) and 1% is the least sensitive (only large objects trigger motion).

Is this accurate?

I have one about 50 feet in the air and it only recorded 1 event, even though I know that multiple vehicles came and went through the night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The percent is right but you’re looking in the wrong place to change sense levels...

you must edit the mode that you are arming the cameras with, it is under motion detected

as a PS

the camera may be to high, the pir detection may not have that range for people...

more like 25+Ft for people 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The percent is right but you’re looking in the wrong place to change sense levels...

you must edit the mode that you are arming the cameras with, it is under motion detected

as a PS

the camera may be to high, the pir detection may not have that range for people...

more like 25+Ft for people 

Morse is faster than texting!
nwviewer
Aspirant
Aspirant

great! thanks. I will try this out.

This menu also had to the option to stop getting notifications every time they detect motion, as that was getting a little annoying.

nwviewer
Aspirant
Aspirant

this did work. I've come to the conclusion that I have it too high - vehicles trigger and people don't - it is at 32 feet. Looking into Continuous Video Recording.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation