Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mirroring to a Monitor

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

I it possible to mirror the app live stream to a monitor with HDMI ports?

Ive been trying to read but havent found anything for maybe Google Chromecast

The monitor is a dummy monitor and would need some kind of screen casting hub plugged into the hdmi port.

I already have the Alexa skill to view on the tv, but wanted as separate bigger monitor to view instead of my Galaxy S9 Phone or Galaxy S6 Tablet

Any help in advance is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

The monitor is a dummy monitor and would need some kind of screen casting hub plugged into the hdmi port.

I already have the Alexa skill to view on the tv, but wanted as separate bigger monitor to view instead of my Galaxy S9 Phone or Galaxy S6 Tablet

You can't directly cast the camera stream to a different device, so you need to mirror the phone/tablet display.  Chromecast will work, as would this: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-connect-my-phone-to-my-tv-using-hdmi/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

You can't directly cast the camera stream to a different device, so you need to mirror the phone/tablet display.  Chromecast will work, as would this: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-connect-my-phone-to-my-tv-using-hdmi/

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Thats what I figured but was wondering if it has been done already

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation