Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Notification Settings

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Can anybody help me with notifications on the Android for the Arlo App?

I wanted to have just set the sound for notifications, NOT the text part

Ive tried a few settings changes and either I get sound and text notification or nothing.

I havent found any documentation on searches what the settings are for Live Listening etc

An help is appreciated as I get this setup and driving me nuts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

The only way I can find to stop them at the top is through the status bar I mentioned the other day.  Depending on your UI build back in July of 2019 on a s9 you used to be able to go to settings, advanced features, multi window, disable pop up view.  This did not stop all apps, only those with multi view.   Other than that I probably can't help much.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The notification settings are a function of Android, not the app. If you can't accomplish what you need in the phone settings for the app, the only real choice would be to disable push notifications and use the email ones.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, thanks

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

What android are you using ?  I have the S10+ and there is no setting on it for text under Arlo notifications, only for the sound and badges, whether geo fencing is enabled or not

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

The Galaxy S6 Tablet and Galaxy S9 Phone

On the S9 Phone these are the options

Screenshot_20200227-113630_Settings.jpg

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not sure why but all I'm seeing is a yellow triangle for a image.  The S9 though should be the same OPS as the 10.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, maybe it didnt take it for size?    Re-posting image

Arlo Notifications.jpg

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes that would be correct.  I don't use the geo so that's off and I like having the badges show up on my screen.  So I don't know why you would be getting a text.  It's not a phone option for Arlo unless you have a setting for a text on all your notifications.  I will look on the phone to see if I find something..

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

I thought the badges were the numbers by the popup.

What I didnt want is the popup, just sound only as I have a specific tone so I already know its motion detection

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yes the badges area popup can be with or without a number.  What is the text you are wishing not to get

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

it ws the popups

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If by text you mean the icon badges it doesn't appear you have them turned on for arlo.  Under settings, notifications you can turn them off period.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If it's the notification icons you don't wish to see try this.  settings, notifications, status bar, show notification icons.  You can turn them off, show just the number, 3 most recent, or all notifications.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Ok will try tomorrow

Thanks

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Im still getting Popups and flooding my notification bar with motion detection.

Most of the time, I just want it to play an alert sound and no notifications on my Galaxy S9 Notification Bar.

Is this possible?  If so, what is the settings as I believe Ive tried all of them

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

go to settings, apps, arlo, notifications.  There it will have the show notifications list, click on notifications.  It should now show alert, silent and show as pop up.  Is show as pop-up toggled to off.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Thank yu for the reply.  Yes, that stopped the "Pop-Ups" but the menu bar up top for notifications gets loaded with them.

I guess I didnt explain well enough.

I just basically wanted the sound which I have set, but no notifications in the menu bar such as "Balcony detected motion"

I wasnt sure if that could be done as it seems it would be an extra setting at this point

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

The only way I can find to stop them at the top is through the status bar I mentioned the other day.  Depending on your UI build back in July of 2019 on a s9 you used to be able to go to settings, advanced features, multi window, disable pop up view.  This did not stop all apps, only those with multi view.   Other than that I probably can't help much.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, thanks!!!

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Butch, I'm not seeing it here but got an e-mail link that says go to the Arlo community, my profile, subscriptions & notifications and make changes then save.  Not sure how changing them there is different than turning off pop ups in the app but if it does what you want that would be great.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation