Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Why is it that local recording no longer work when I leave my local network. Ever since you released the flood light and updated the firmware. Local recordings only works at home over my Wi-Fi when I leave my house it doesn't work anymore. If I setup port forwarding with my Wi-Fi off it will work, but as soon as I close the app and open it again the port forwarding information disappears in the app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well one of you said I don't want help. and that's because I don't want help from somebody who doesn't know what they're talkin about anyway after contacting tech support and having to get to a level 3 in tech support they finally said that they're aware of the problem. They couldn't have told me that the first time I called I had to get you a level three. They told me it would be fixed by the end of the month. And today the new app was released and now remote storage works a months later after they updated the firmware to get their floodlight working and once again they broke the system ,not the first time anyway now remote storage works. Oh Happy Day

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I would just like to add that your latest app that you released on Monday did not solve the problem
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
Why is it that local recording no longer work when I leave my local network.

Are we talking about access to the recordings? Or do you mean that there are no local recordings?

In the words, does it stop local recording when you are away?

Are you using geofencing?

And which app are we talking about? iOS? Android?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
We're talkin about local storage that is on the SD card if you have one inserted
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
We're talkin about local storage that is on the SD card if you have one inserted

I get that, but I am trying to understand what problem you have.

Local storage comes in different flavours.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

If you are talking about accessing the stored data, what are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Does it all boil down to the port forwarding settings?

You could also tell us which app you are using. iOS? Android?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I don't need lessons on how to use it I've been an Arlo user for many years it was working perfectly fine until they released the floodlight camera and updated the firmware and broke everything again just like when they released the doorbell and updated the firmware and broke everything. The local storage recordings do not work outside of my Wi-Fi. I can set it up again on the Verizon network and it will work until you close the app and reopen it and then all the port forwarding information disappears this is an ongoing problem that others have as well.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
To try to get you to understand what I'm talkin about I'm talkin about access two recordings on the SD card. Which now only work on my local Wi-Fi as soon as I go away from my house I can no longer access the SD card with the recordings on there. Now away from my house I can set it up again I can set up port forwarding and I can set it up from my router and it will work until you force close the Arlo app when you reopen the app the port forwarding information has now disappeared. When I get home back on my Wi-Fi network the port forwarding information has once again returned and now I am able to access the recordings on my SD card.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
I don't need lessons on how to use it

Maybe, but I am sure that I am not alone – see the lack of other replies –  in thinking that I need lessons in how to understand what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

For example, I have no idea what this means:

@Johnny290 wrote:
The local storage recordings do not work outside of my Wi-Fi.

Do not work?

Events don't record? You can't access them? They aren't there if you put the memory is a PC? Your mobile app does not show the on-board storage?

That is a list of some of the issues that I have had to investigate when playkng around with local access and my Floodlight.

Any reason why you won't answer this question?

"Which app you are using. iOS? Android?"

I am an Androider. (Too poor to buy Apple.)  And I know that iOS apps went through a difficult phase.

I leave you to the tender mercies of the people here who can read between the lines and interpret what is happening at your end.

Just another user
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Simple answer everything works perfectly fine over my local network it's when I leave my local network that I am unable to access my local recordings stored on my SD card. I am using an Android phone
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
And if you're not sure what local network means it means being at home using my Wi-Fi network
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
And why should I contact customer service when I believe the problem is on your end your latest app was supposed to fix the problem and it didn't I'm not I'm not the only one having a problem. What's your tech support going to do read me a script make me do everything I've done already and then give me a case number and never contact me again
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
And why should I contact customer service when I believe the problem is on your end your latest app was supposed to fix the problem and it didn't I'm not I'm not the only one having a problem.

Are you trying to fix a problem or start World War 3?

Just another user
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea Its obvious he does not want help. 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Not from you I don't
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I don't know how long you've had Arlo but I've had it for years and I have watched them break the system over and over again they did it when they release the doorbell they did it again when they released the flood light and yes I am sick of it
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Furthermore they're local storage on SD card sucks anyway because it doesn't have thumb nails which makes it pretty much useless
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
🙂🙂🙂
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
And like I figured the whole time the problem was on there end and they said they will have a fixed by the end of this month. Would have been nice if they just admitted that in the first place but I had to get to a level 3 on customer service for them to tell me that
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well one of you said I don't want help. and that's because I don't want help from somebody who doesn't know what they're talkin about anyway after contacting tech support and having to get to a level 3 in tech support they finally said that they're aware of the problem. They couldn't have told me that the first time I called I had to get you a level three. They told me it would be fixed by the end of the month. And today the new app was released and now remote storage works a months later after they updated the firmware to get their floodlight working and once again they broke the system ,not the first time anyway now remote storage works. Oh Happy Day
Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation