Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
carrrl
Initiate
Initiate

I picked up the Ultra 1 Camera Kit and have 4 pro's on their original Pro Base Station. Before purchasing I contacted support asking about "local live streaming" and was lead to believe ALL cameras on the Ultra Base Station could use this feature. Put in my order, wait a month, finally go it today. I moved 1 pro over to the Ultra Base Station but it's exactly the same experience. Still a 5+ second lag, presumably still routing through Arlo's cloud first. The Ultra has a little house wifi icon and is super snappy and but the Pro has the same old "• Live" overlay.

So now I am wondering - is support mistaken or is this a feature that will be coming? Will the Pro + SmartHub get "local live streaming"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carrrl,

With Arlo Ultra, you're able to stream 4K when streaming locally (indicated by the house and 4K icons on the live stream). These features are exclusive to the Ultra camera and will not appear for Pro even when the Pro is synced to the SmartHub.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carrrl,

With Arlo Ultra, you're able to stream 4K when streaming locally (indicated by the house and 4K icons on the live stream). These features are exclusive to the Ultra camera and will not appear for Pro even when the Pro is synced to the SmartHub.

JamesC

bballpinhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there any considerations to bring local streaming to Arlo Pro 2? Please provide me a link to the idea if avaialble so I can upvote it.

Thank you,

Ken

cavalier240
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any official answer on whether local live streaming will be available on the Pro 2s?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cavalier240,

Local live streaming is not available on Pro/Pro 2 cameras. This feature is exclusive to Ultra.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation