Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
nicomohler
Guide
Guide

I already experienced this issue once but I could solve it by deleting and reinstalling the app and by restarting my phone. This time however, I was unsuccessful with those steps. Also rebooting my base station did not fix the problem. The cameras are working fine and all the settings seem to be alright but the local videos are just not shown in the library and two days ago everything was shown normally in the Arlo app. I did not change any setting. The change happened from one day to another without any reason.

32 REPLIES 32
nicomohler
Guide
Guide

True. I am also only experiencing problems with the local library on the SD card. The problem with the videos not showing up in the cloud as well was brought up by someone else in this thread. I have currently no subscription and can therefore not say anything with regard to the cloud.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nicomohler

Thank you for clarifying, I am looking in to your new report provided earlier. 

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

I just wanted to say that my issue got solved by the ARLO support team. After having updated the app and after reinstalling the app several times I unplugged the hub from the main power source and plugged it back in after 10 seconds. After that the dropdown menue where you can chose "local library" showed up again. I already unplugged the hub before but apparently after the app update of today it worked out like that. Hope that this may help others as well with the same problem.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I am running your latest up that you released on Monday and it did not solve the problem
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Johnny290

Have you tried pulling the plug on the base station and re-plugging it in after 10 seconds?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes I have tried as a matter of fact I just did it again after you post. It only works over my local network. I can set it up over Verizon's Network and it will work just fine but as soon as I force close the app and open it again it no longer works over Verizon's Network it will only work over my local network my Wi-Fi at home
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling app and that has not worked
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide

I found a cure I have pulled all my camera’s inside the house and went through my app and turned them off then i removed them entirely as well as the smart hub. Then i started over let it find the smart hub and it did and also checked for new updates. There were no updates for the smart hub but i did update the arlo app the recent last few days. Then one by one i added my cameras back on and hit the sync button in each camera and i had to go back to the inter web and sign on to my.arlo.com and re added the cameras to participating status so I’m 5out of 5 cameras are back up and running and I’m getting dinged like crazy and the library on the inter web as well as my iPhone app is getting the cloud notifications and as well as storage is fine now. 

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation