Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
nicomohler
Guide
Guide

I already experienced this issue once but I could solve it by deleting and reinstalling the app and by restarting my phone. This time however, I was unsuccessful with those steps. Also rebooting my base station did not fix the problem. The cameras are working fine and all the settings seem to be alright but the local videos are just not shown in the library and two days ago everything was shown normally in the Arlo app. I did not change any setting. The change happened from one day to another without any reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

An update to fix this issue was released as part of the Arlo Android app 2.17, Can you please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.17 & test this again?

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide

same here they are not recording anything to the cloud with in the last week absolutely nothing. and I just seemingly switched to monthly subscriptions. If this continues I will stop using anything from them im sick of this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat is the indication - no way to select local recordings or not able to view them when selected? Safely eject the card and use a computer to verify the health of the file system. You may need to reformat it.

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

I cannot select the local storage at all. I ejected the card from the base station and all the videos are properly recorded on the micro SD card. Wondering what the problem could be?

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
There is nothing to select either local or cloud and I can’t even get the local recording to even see anything
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

An update to fix this issue was released as part of the Arlo Android app 2.17, Can you please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.17 & test this again?

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you look on the Arlo PRO3 forum we are having the same issues, specifically if the zones are turned on, I get notifications but very rarely is anything shown in cloud library.
nicomohler
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne,

I just downloaded the new version but to no avail. I still cannot chose local storage and no videos show up in my library. Thanks for your effort!

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide

By the way do we get a refund for the month it doesn’t work?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Your not the only one having this problem. It's been a problem ever since they released the floodlight and new firmware and broke system.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
And your latest app didn't fix the problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @nicomohler & @Kelso198325

Are you able to access the library through iOS or Web?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm using an Android phone like I said I can set it up away from my house and it will work but as soon as you force close the app and open it it doesn't work anymore
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Screen shot
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide

I can get on line but there is no video in the cloud’s library and hasn’t been as well as through the arlo app.

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

Dear Shayne,

No, I cannot access the stored videos via Web either. I am also using an Android device. Therefore, I cannot make any statements regarding iOS.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I think you people are talking about two different things at the same time one is talking about Cloud recordings the other was talking about local recordings
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kelso198325 @nicomohler

This issue sounds different than before. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. Arlo Tech Support

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

How are the problems different than before? Nothing has changed since the access to the local library disappeared...

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
One person is talking about local recordings that's on your memory card. Another person is talking about Cloud recordings that is obviously from the cloud
nicomohler
Guide
Guide

That is true indeed. However,  both problems are there and both are connected with the access to the recordings of the Arlo cameras. Apparently, neither the local storage access nor the access via cloud are currently working.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Okay thanks I misunderstood you
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Your original title to your post says local recordings not showing up in library
Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation