Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Recordings Reduced to 2K from 4K with change to Arlo Subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pjt85
Tutor
Tutor

I have recently stopped using the 'free' 1 year smart plan provided with the cameras when purchased, and moved to the "Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera" as my current internet connection seems to struggle with 4K upload at the moment (on ADSL2+ connection but moving to FTTC this month).

I understand that once my internet is upgraded, i shouldn't have issues with 4K recording and upload to Arlo's cloud (moving to 100mbps/20mbps), but i issue right now is the 2K video on the Premier Multi Plan seems to have also applied to my local recordings, which were always 4K (even on the free plan which only provided 1080p cloud recordings)...

How do i get the local recordings to revert back to 4K, even though the cloud recordings (for now) will be 2K?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pjt85 wrote:

How do i get the local recordings to revert back to 4K, even though the cloud recordings (for now) will be 2K?

Can you download and check the resolution of the mp4?  At least one other poster has reported that the system is labeling video as 2K, but it was actually 4K.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Just checked mine last night and though I didn't test them they are still labeled 4K.  I'm on my last 3 weeks of the free plan which is only 1080 in the cloud.  I would check the SD settings to be sure something didn't change to the lower res.  I have sometimes found a setting or two changed after an update,  Be sure it's still set for the best video.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation