Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
mkummer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed Arlo Ultra and updated the firmware to the latest release. I also connected to my Arlo Pro 2 cameras to the new Ultra hub. Both Pro cams are working as expected, but the Ultra isn't.

Specifically, when I click on live view, it keeps saying "Connecting..." but nothing ever happens. Plus, all recordings show a 0 length. WiFi strength shows as 2/3 bars, similar to my Pro cams.

I have 4K streaming disabled.

Any clues what's going on?

Cheers

Michael

22 REPLIES 22
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing would be to reboot the base ( power off-on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mkummer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that already, but it didn't work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mkummer,

Try bringing the camera close to the SmartHub (within a few feet, temporarily) and test again. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same issues, never had this issue before firmware update 3-23-19. I havent moved the cameras or changed anything. All cameras now have 2 bars, before update they had 2-3 bars. Please go back to the previous version. My cameras are only 20 to 30 foot from the base hub. Same as they have been since I bought them in January. I did have to find the right spot for the hub when I first set it up for best reception/signal, but has been great till now.  You would think ARLO ULTRA would get it right on the second roll out to market. I have faith they will get it right. Like I said all was good til 3-23-19 update, not great but better then it is now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VCG,

I understand the frustration. I'm working with the engineering team to investigate your reports on this. Please be patient while we work to find a resolution.

JamesC

maldick
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with my new Arlo installation of 2 Ultras.
In addition, if you go to Device Utilities/Camera Positioning it states "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server"

Have tried all standard fault testing including factory reset and close proximity testing
maldick
Aspirant
Aspirant
any progress on this issue?
atx604
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also am having the same issue with zero length recordings ever since the last upgrade. Is there any news when this will be fixed? I'm posting to a chatroom on it
Joe83
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Ultra Cameras and am having the same issue with Live Viewing. However, I have noticed that the only cameras that have issue with Live Viewing are the ones that are tied as "CVR".

JaymeT
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone found an acceptable solution?  Trying to upgrade from Arlo original/hub to Ultra/hub, yet NONE of the cameras are viewable on the new hub, but the old ones work fine with the old hub.  This really is a frustrating experience after plunking down $$$$$.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the cameras from the old base before syncing them to the new one?

JaymeT
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. 

I did remove them from the old base prior to adding them to the new base. Unfortunately, neither the original Arlo cameras nor the new Ultra ones are providing any video. “Unable to connect to media server” (quoting from memory) is the error in the browser view. In app, it simply times out.  Nothing usable from the new Ultra set. 

ras56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue, just purchased the Ultra and get nothing but a connection error on the PC or white screens on iOS; the audio and light works but video does not, nothing records, can't even enter in positioning mode without getting a media server error 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JaymeT,

When replacing a base station with a SmartHub, first remove the cameras from the original base station and then go through the sync process for each camera with the new SmartHub using the primary account. If you're sharing the cameras using the Grant Access feature, you will need to reshare them again within your Grant Access settings on the primary account for them to be viewable again on any shared accounts.

ras56,

The symptoms you describe could indicate an connectivity issue with the camera or an issue with internet speeds. Who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds? What does the signal strength icon show for the camera having the issue?

JamesC

JaymeT
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, James. That’s exactly what I did, however NONE of the cameras are working. Not even the brand new “Ultra” ones....so.....next guess? Still getting can’t connect to media server on all cameras when using the new Ultra hub. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A fast thing to do is to swap the Ultra system at the store on the theory that there;s faulty hardware.

JaymeT
Tutor
Tutor

lol thanks, jguerdat. Since the nice Amazon man brought it to my door, I’m trying to exhaust all possibilities, but I may end up going that route!  James PM’d me, so I’m hopeful he has something. 

Really appreciate the assistance from all. Thank you. 

JaymeT
Tutor
Tutor

After some more troubleshooting, it looks like there is some unhappiness with our Cisco ASA and the new hub. Will have to get the hubby to do a packet capture and see what’s going on. Shot in the dark, but if anyone has had a similar experience and has a few lessons learned to share, I’d appreciate it. 

Thanks again, all. 

maldick
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have the same issue with my new Ultra 2-pack setup. Been waiting a while now for a fix....
maldick
Aspirant
Aspirant
it now works after the latest firmware upgrade
miguelfigu
Aspirant
Aspirant

@maldick 

What is your firmware version ? On the smart hub or/and camera ?

Thank in advance.

maldick
Aspirant
Aspirant

hub firmware 1.12.2.0_33535

Ultra firmware 1.060.33.9_33004

Its working now

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation