Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Alro Ultras and 4 Arlo pros.  All cameras are recording as they should but when I hit  "play" to see a live view of the Arlo ultra cameras, it says connecting for a split second and immediately stops.  The "play" logo pops back up and I am not able to see a live view for the Ultra's.  They are recording correctly but it is impossible to get a live view.

The Arlo pro's connect without issue, also recording fine.

All software is up to date

I have ensured all cameras are "active" under my plan

I have rebooted the base stations

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

All with no luck

Does anyone have ANY idea how I can live view these again?

I tried on the website under multiple browsers and it just times out.  I really want to be able to do live view on my phone however.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Socom2Fiend

We are here monitoring all the feedback. We are waiting for updates from the Development team at the moment.

This issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. 

Thank you

121 REPLIES 121
Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, please keep us posted when this update is coming. 

Islandboytrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having same issue on my iPhone 12Pro Max. My other half’s iPhone 8 streams live just fine.

Started working yesterday after ios16 update, down again today.

2way talk is useless if u can’t go live.

For $15/month they need to do better than this.

I too have uninstalled & reinstalled the app & logged out & back in. Rebooting the hub. Turned all cameras off & back on. Unplugging the hub, etc etc etc.

This is annoying 

Islandboytrini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Bud….. I just went into settings & logged out of All devices. Showed 3 devices & we only use 2 devices.

Now live is working again on my phone, but my girl seems unable to log back in now 🤷🏽‍♂️

chrisl0516
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you brother, I will try to do the same and see if it works. I love the cameras I really wish they would get everything straightened out. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @chrisl0516

Thank you for the support. I am monitoring this issue closely and waiting for additional updates to provide to the community. The issue has been identified and we are waiting for the fix to be implemented. 

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like mine has been fixed.  Noticed I could live stream in 4k again about 20 hours ago.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PGalore

Are you able to local 4k live stream consistently or has it been intermittent?

Thanks!

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS

I can play in 4k consistently.   And there hasn't been any update to Arlo app.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PGalore

Thank you for all the updates. 

altacal
Tutor
Tutor

Looks like mine is working now too!

Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still dodgy. It will connect to a camera but if you then try and connect to another camera using the app it won’t connect. I then have to shut the app then re-open it to be able to view a different camera. 

Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still dodgy. It will connect to a camera but if you then try and connect to another camera using the app it won’t connect. I then have to shut the app then re-open it to be able to view a different camera. 

gggarcia3
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s working again, local streaming/viewing in 2k!,,,

gggarcia3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, meant to say 2k

AJC3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like my 2k live streaming is now working again as well. I noticed it as of today (9/22/22)

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Spoiler
Mine 100% is not fixed 

trying to stream 4k on wifi as soon as I hit play it tries to connect for a millisecond and immediately stops and the play icon pops back up. They just won’t connect. 

turn off wifi and immediately it works without issue (but not in 4k obviously)

problem as been ongoing for 6+ months. 
msinclair
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is back working again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We have released a recent firmware update v1.20 for the Base Station & Smart Hubs that should resolve this local 2/4k live streaming for a majority of users. We are continuing to investigate why some are still experiencing this. 

I will provide another update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

matchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware? Interesting. Did you find the cause to be a prior firmware issue? I don't remember ever changing firmware.

doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hmm. Mine working as well on the new firmware. I didn't choose to update the firmware, I'm assuming you guys just push silent updates? If this is the case, was another silent push responsible for the problem in the first place?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@matchavez wrote:

I don't remember ever changing firmware.

Arlo updates it automatically.

Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

AJC3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not update any firmware either. Had this not been mentioned I would have never known. Sounds like Arlo quietly snuck in a hotfix. I suppose firmware for the hubs are automatically pushed? I guess it was a hub issue and not the app. Either way, glad it was corrected. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AJC3 wrote:

I suppose firmware for the hubs are automatically pushed? 

Yes (also camera firmware).  Updates are posted here:

Lfang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, mines are still not working. I noticed that was a firmware update, but did not correct the issue. If I restart the app, then for a very short while (before the app recognizes my home wi-fi?), it will stream in 1080p mode, no 2k or 4k indicator and record functions are available (which are not available when in 2k/4k mode). Then if I try to stream again, same problem of not able to stream at all unless turning off local 2k/4k streaming.