Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Alro Ultras and 4 Arlo pros.  All cameras are recording as they should but when I hit  "play" to see a live view of the Arlo ultra cameras, it says connecting for a split second and immediately stops.  The "play" logo pops back up and I am not able to see a live view for the Ultra's.  They are recording correctly but it is impossible to get a live view.

The Arlo pro's connect without issue, also recording fine.

All software is up to date

I have ensured all cameras are "active" under my plan

I have rebooted the base stations

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

All with no luck

Does anyone have ANY idea how I can live view these again?

I tried on the website under multiple browsers and it just times out.  I really want to be able to do live view on my phone however.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Socom2Fiend

We are here monitoring all the feedback. We are waiting for updates from the Development team at the moment.

This issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. 

Thank you

121 REPLIES 121
Lconnally
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app is doing the same thing. It’s so frustrating.
joshemmick
Initiate
Initiate
I have been experiencing the same issue for months now! Arlo support, we need a fix! I used to stream locally in 4K all the time!

When 4K Local Streaming is ON (in camera video settings), I cannot live stream in the app while my phone is connected to my home Wi-Fi. If I turn 4K local streaming OFF on a camera, I can see the low res video feed over Wi-Fi in the app. If I turn Wi-Fi OFF on my phone, it will stream in the app using cellular data but the video feed is not in 4K even though the camera is set to 4K (I don’t expect 4K on this feed because I’m not “local” if I’m using cellular data).

Hardware details:
iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.5
Arlo Secure App v3.6.6
Base Station VMB5000r4
Firmware 1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf
4 @ Arlo Ultra Cameras (H6)
Firmware 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f

I’ve tried everything described in this post but nothing fixes this issue. Please help!!!!
Lfang
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to my Ultra & Ultra 2 cameras also, the message flashes connecting when I try to local stream 4K then immediately stops without actually connecting. This only happens they are setup with the SmartHub VMB5000r4, not when they are setup with my other BaseStation VMB4000r3.

Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck fixing it? I have the same problem.
Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue. Any fix yet?
joshemmick
Initiate
Initiate
I’m still having this issue. I haven’t received a callback or any response from Arlo. If so many people are having this issue, how do we get Arlo to help us?
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
The irony is this issue has completely eliminated the benefit of Arlo ultra who’d is 4k local streaming. You have to turn off 4k or turn off wifi to get the cameras to work which eliminates 4k.

So months of the cameras not working as they should, yet they still charge every single month. No response, no credit, no update, and no fix.

The crazy thing is, they worked fine for a long time!!! Something recent broke them so there has to be a fix!!!!
tobydz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here with Ultras.  Happens in the app on both iOS and Android, regardless if I’m on my home network or not. 3K sq ft home, two base stations. One is wired to my main router, a few feet below it in roughly the center of the house. The other base is on top of my kitchen cabinets wired to a Netgear AP in range extender mode. All cams are set to 4K local streaming. In the couple years I’ve had these Arlos, I don’t think I’ve gone a single day without some sort of issue that prevents core functionality in some form or another. 

rwlyon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my Pro 4s.

Pe4ivko
Guide
Guide

I have same issue with livestream in 2K, turning it off, looks to be ok for the moment but having 4K camera and being unable to livestream at least 2K is so bad.

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

I cannot live stream on wifi network since this morning.  Cameras are recording fine and I can review the recordings.  I also can live stream once I turn off the wifi and switch to 4G/5G.

msinclair
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reporting same problem here. Have a hub with 2 Ultra's, a Pro4, and wired doorbell. Noticed today that 4k/2k local streaming on wifi has stopped working on the cameras, worked fine recently. Can stream via cellular. The wired doorbell seems to be unaffected.

This seems to have been a reported issue for quite some time - I'm sure mine was working during at least some of this period. Maybe related to a recent software update? Can't they just roll back whatever they effed up?

a-aron-UP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue started today for me. As soon as I leave my local wifi network I can press play and the stream begins like it should. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@a-aron-UP wrote:

Same issue started today for me. As soon as I leave my local wifi network I can press play and the stream begins like it should. 

Definitely a bug somewhere.  The only workaround I know of is to disable 2K/4K livestreaming.  Hopefully Arlo will fix it soon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, I have provided your info to the team. The issue is being investigated and I will report back as soon as I have more info to share. 

matchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Repro:

Start with Arlo Secure quit / not running prior.

Connect to a camera.

Camera displays normally.

Stop camera.

Attempt to start camera again, and it fails.

The workaround is force-closing the app; then you can repeat the process.

Do you have an update coming to handle this? Is it a reported, known issue?

Dannybear
Master
Master

Will the camera live stream ok if you wait a little while rather than close the app?

I can see the same on iPhone 5s if I restart the live streaming immediately after stopping it. It will live stream ok if I wait for the audio and motion trigger indicators go black again before starting.

If I start live streaming and stop it before it shows the live streaming the audio trigger indicator remains grey and starting live streaming will not begin unless I wait awhile and start it again when the audio trigger indicator goes black again.

gggarcia3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here, started yesterday, 9/13/2022.  Please note, I do not subscribe to Arlo monthly cloud to rage or special utilities,  another thing that changed yesterday was when I get notifications that one of my three cameras picked up motion, the notification does not tell me which camera anymore.

gggarcia3
Aspirant
Aspirant

…to record…

LuisUresti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing this very same problem for like a week I’ve rebooted the base stations and cameras individually in and out of my profile there is no way it’s unreal such expensive equipment and that something that basic doesn’t work 

msinclair
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also don't have a monthly subscription. I wonder if this is a common denominator for the people on this thread...?

Perhaps they are intentionally degrading perhaps to nudge people toward a continuous video recording subscription?

Would explain why this isn't being fixed....

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

That is possible.  I still have a valid subscription but that's about to be cancelled in 2 days. 

Calvinator
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. Started last night, 9/14/22. Using same workarounds but certainly not ideal.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have local 4k live streaming enabled when trying to live stream?

matchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Shayne,

Yes. It works fine the first time. It fails the second time, as stated above.