Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live feed showing White Screen on all Ultra & Pro 2 cams but not 1st Gen Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

All my Ultra and Pro 2 cameras show a white screen (doorbell shows black screen) when trying to view live feed on desktop app? Mobile app works ok. Rebooted the smart hub & the desktop. Started happening last week, just thought it was on Arlo's end. Still happening.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different browser/computer?

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I've been running without issue on a new Dell All-in-one desktop for about 6 months now using Microsoft Edge. Then last week the white screens started. Haven't loaded Chrome yet but may be forced to now. What do you think may have changed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BTG wrote:

All my Ultra and Pro 2 cameras show a white screen (doorbell shows black screen) when trying to view live feed on desktop app? 

Are the recordings playing back normally?

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, all recordings are playing back as usual. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It is working correctly on my laptop (also using Edge).

Do you have another PC you can try?

Trayza2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just came online to search for the same problem and noticed the date you have had this issue too - same. White on my laptop screen and still all okay on the mobile phone. Only started this week.

Trayza2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

EDIT:   As if by magic - they are working again... very odd. They were white for about four days I think.. I've done nothing 🙂 

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I also have an older laptop with Edge. The live feed works correctly on the laptop, but because of the processor age, the videos can't be viewed unless downloaded.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BTG wrote:

I also have an older laptop with Edge. The live feed works correctly on the laptop, but because of the processor age, the videos can't be viewed unless downloaded.

That's because Edge and Chrome both require hardware acceleration for HEVC.  In the case of Arlo recordings, it only is an issue with 2K and 4K recordings.

That's different from @Trayza2000's issue with livestreaming. 

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

It started working again, for no apparent reason!

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation