Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Limit to how many Ultra Cameras can connect to an ARLO Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Is there a limit to how many Ultra cameras can be connected to a base station.

I have two base stations that I am working with

VMB45000r2 that I know have 4 Ultras connected.  I am trying to connect another camera, 

but its telling me to unplug/power off base unit and try again.  Nothing happening.

The other base station is a VMB5000NA.  I can not access that base station, though its connected to the same internet.  If I factory reset that Station, should I then be able to add cameras.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Is there a limit to how many Ultra cameras can be connected to a base station.

No official limit I am aware of, though there is a limit of 5 simultaneous streams.

You should be able to connect more than 4 cameras.  FWIW, I have 6 cameras connected to a VMB5000, and 7 connected to a VMB4540.

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen

The problem I was having is the firmware upgrade for the 5th camera failed twice I was thinking there was a limit, causing that problem.   Patience HELPS!   After the third time, the firmware was successful.   Then, I added the 6th camera without a problem. So I have this extra base station, I am going to factory reset and connect to my home network.   It’s then easy to remove a camera from that base and add it to an existing base.   I sort of touched on this earlier, but now that I can move around the configurations comfortably, having a base station will be handy.  This way I don’t need to schedule time to get into the clubhouse office.  

I should be getting another 4 more Ultras or now the Ultra2.  This will make my life easier.

Steve, since you have always been more then helpful to me.  What is the difference between ARLO Community and Support.  Can you ask a question in Support as you can in Community.

Reason, from all my days in IBM IT, workstations and development, I’d like to know if there is an avenue to get to ARLO Development and Design.  I definitely have things about ARLO Go2 battery. Plus I had Ann idea that I would like to see technical alerts ( battery low, device offline) go to one email address, while the standard alerts ( motion,audio,person) goes to the system administrator.   I know that can’t be done today, but would like to create something like IBM’s DCR  ( Design Change Request )

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

What is the difference between ARLO Community and Support.  

The community is a user <-> user forum (though Arlo moderates, and the mods will also provide direct help).

Support is more of a "classic" support organization, where you submit trouble tickets, etc.

@rdilauro wrote:

I’d like to know if there is an avenue to get to ARLO Development and Design.  I definitely have things about ARLO Go2 battery. Plus I had an idea that I would like to see technical alerts ( battery low, device offline) go to one email address, while the standard alerts ( motion,audio,person) goes to the system administrator.   I know that can’t be done today, but would like to create something like IBM’s DCR  ( Design Change Request )

You might try sending a PM to @JamesC and see if he can facilitate this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation