Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
BHops
Follower
Follower

Is there no longer the option for the 7 day recording to the library? My recordings have stopped and I am not able to fix this. It’s wanting me to pay for a subscription which I do not want. I thought these had 7 days of free recording???

22 REPLIES 22
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Ultra came with a 1 year  trial subscription for premier for 30 day recording. All the Ultra and newer cams need a subscription. The 7 day recording  was for pro2 and older. Sounds like your trial ran out so you will need to subscribe for recordings to cloud but you can still use local recording. 

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Mimimichelle
Initiate
Initiate
I am very frustrated over the same issue. I specifically shopped for a camera system that didn’t require a monthly subscription. Now the only way I can view my cameras is in live mode. What happened to the free seven day viewing, the only reason I went with Arlo?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted in many places, any camera newer than the Pro 2 require a subscription for cloud recordings. The older cameras still get the free 7 day, 5 camera plan.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mimimichelle wrote:

I specifically shopped for a camera system that didn’t require a monthly subscription.

It would be good to know where you  get the impression that Arlo Ultra cameras do not need a subscription.

Arlo marketing has been clear from day one that you need a subscription. It is even on the box, albeit in smaller print than many would like.

Here's the one on the Pro 3 box to give you an idea.

ArloPro3CloudArloPro3Cloud

Amazon's catalogue is similarly "small print".

So pointers to misleading sales material might get it fixed and prevent others from getting sucked in.

@Mimimichelle wrote:
What happened to the free seven day viewing, the only reason I went with Arlo?

You can still get it with Pro 2 cameras. But everything after that requires a subscription.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ming8888
Star
Star

Agreed I have been supporting this company since first arlo got it because it was free subscription just open up my app today! haha force subscription will be selling all my arlo and move on with some company honor their grandfather promises of not forced subscription. 

This company changed their mission like the WinkHub feel like bait and switch bring the crowd and then after we jump on the band wagon then force suckers to pay for something they promised from the start.

The above ** is so small in text that good luck finding on the box with magnify glass

ClGroup
Star
Star

It appears my 7 day free Library doesn't work anymore and I own the Arlo2. Do you have to get pay for cloud library with all your models of cameras now??

If so I'm very disappointed with my purchase and the change of policy!! 

Please advise before I take my business elsewhere  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ClGroup wrote:

It appears my 7 day free Library doesn't work anymore and I own the Arlo2.

Still works here on Pro 2 cameras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ClGroup
Star
Star

Nice try, I have a Pro 2 camera and it doesn't work........

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ClGroup wrote:

Nice try, I have a Pro 2 camera and it doesn't work........

Why was that a "nice try"? The 7 day trial is still active on Pro2 as @michaelkenward was pointing out.  You never said what trouble shooting steps you tried. Anyway you are in the Ultra forum so they need a sub after the trial if that is what confusing you. 

ClGroup
Star
Star

Plus every time I hit the device tab I now get hit with spam telling me to subscribe. Very annoying and not user friendly 

ClGroup
Star
Star

If it works on your Pro2 and not mine, I imagine Arlo will probably disable yours soon. 

ClGroup
Star
Star

Recently my Pro2 doesn't record anything to the library and every time I go on the device tab it asks for a subscription.

Did they change the company policy to remove the 7 day library?  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ClGroup wrote:

Nice try........

No idea what that means. Are you saying that I am wrong?

I assure you, I have a Pro 2 camera with recordings from the past week in the library.

Another Pro 2 camera does not have a rule that would cause it to record. (Just turned it back on to test.)

Maybe something has gone wrong at your end. With so little information to go on, who knows? I'm afraid "it doesn't work" provides zero diagnostic help.

Have you checked your rules?

Just another user
ClGroup
Star
Star

Yes I'm saying in my perspective you're wrong. Based on my situation   

What information will help you diagnose? One day I login to Arlo site and I have a library and the next time I check I don't and they're asking for a subscription. 

Would a picture of the Pro2 help to prove myself? 

Checked your rules,  What does that mean?

What can I check to do a quick diagnose?  I did the full reset and don't feel like much more can be done . 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ClGroup wrote:

Checked your rules,  What does that mean?

It means what it says, check your rules.

A camera will record only if it has a rule that tells it to do so. If it does not have that rule, it will not record and there are recordings that can go into the library.

You need to get mode and rules correct for your camera to file things in the library. Perhaps your rules got wiped out somehow.

Do you have a "Mode" that says "Armed"?

It should have a set of Rules.

In my case, one Rule says " If Motion on Pro 2 Inside shed".

If I edit that, it has a list of "If the following".

One of these events is for "Pro 2 Inside shed".

It says "Record video".

It is a bit puzzling when someone complains about a missing feature without checking the basic settings for their system.

It is rather like saying "My computer won't work" without looking to see if it is switched on.

Just another user
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ClGroup wrote:

I did the full reset and don't feel like much more can be done . 

This is likely to have erased things like rules and modes.

Dig out the manual and start afresh.

Just another user
ClGroup
Star
Star

Your right I didn't have my computer turned ON...

Thanks for the help ARLO and great customer service! 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I am pleased to report that when I added a rule to make my Pro 2 "record" when triggered by movement, it immediately started adding recordings to the library.

Just another user
dcfox1
Master
Master

@ClGroup wrote:

Recently my Pro2 doesn't record anything to the library and every time I go on the device tab it asks for a subscription.

Your question and suggestions were answered several times when you posted in the Ultra forum today. The simple answer is no. Follow the suggestions about rules that were posted by another poster that you made fun of. Read the FAQ if you don't understand them. 

ClGroup
Star
Star

I was not made fun of I was dismissed and no one answered why my Arlo Pro2 is no longer storing anything in the 7 day cloud  library. I obviously checked every feature "rule" of the software before going online to ask why my program no longer works. I will never buy this product again.

I STRONGLY RECOMMAND NOT BUYING ARLOS' PRODUCTS- * they suck you in with free monthly service but force you to sign up in the end. A quick google search will back up my claims. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ClGroup wrote:

No!

Just another user
ClGroup
Star
Star

**Buyer Beware**

approximately 200 complaints about this company in 3 years. Rated (1.13/5) by the Better Business Bureau.  Do your homework before purchasing this product. 

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/carlsbad/profile/security-cameras/arlo-1126-1000061663

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation