Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bws1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have preordered 2x the Arlo Ultra 3 camera kit from Amazon. 

I thought the plan pricing was going to be $9.99/month for Arlo Smart Premier, but it now sounds like its going to be more than twice that, $9.99/mo + $1.99/camera for 4K, so $9.99 + $11.94 = $21.93/month, is that correct? Or is 4K included if you subscribe to one of the Smart plans?

-bws

8 REPLIES 8
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@bws1970 wrote:

Hello,

I have preordered 2x the Arlo Ultra 3 camera kit from Amazon. 

I thought the plan pricing was going to be $9.99/month for Arlo Smart Premier, but it now sounds like its going to be more than twice that, $9.99/mo + $1.99/camera for 4K, so $9.99 + $11.94 = $21.93/month, is that correct? Or is 4K included if you subscribe to one of the Smart plans?

-bws

It sounds like 4K will cost you the higher amount based on this chart.  4K appears to be a per camera add-on as you discovered.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062162/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-Premier-1-year-service-pl...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget, the first year is FREE... that applies after 1 yr

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bws1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

First year of smart service is free, but you have to pay for 4K from day 1, correct?

ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Correct. 4k costs extra from day one, if you want it.

KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had 4k streaming at first but now I don't. Can't see spending any more since they can't even get the billing figured out so I can get the free year without getting a new account .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KGSRETIRED,

I will reach out to you in a private message to see if we can resolve this issue.

JamesC

Jack-Malin
Star
Star

Can someone help me understand how do I get 4K if I don't subscribe to the "Premium Video Recording" at $1.99/camera/month?

I suppose that without the Premium subscription, then real-time streaming should be in 4K. Right?

I would not call 4K what I see in streaming.

Can someone elese share their experience and maybe Arlo clarify?

I am frankly annoyed that having bought a 4K camera at $299, I have to pay extra to have 4K recorded clips. Granted there is a tiny note on the box, when I went back and double checked... 

The pricing of the storage plans was a major reason for me to pick Arlo over Nest, but now I realize that if I want the higher res clips with Arlo I end up paying more than Nest (If I read the pricing of both companies correctly).

I am having second thoughts..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jack-Malin,

4K streaming is only available locally. The mobile device you're using to view the stream must be connected to the same network as your Arlo system.

Premium Video Recording (PVR) allows 4K cloud recordings.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation