Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Ultra - FAQ & Resources

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ultra.PNG

Protection Perfected

Arlo Ultra 4K wire-free security camera delivers the ultimate peace of mind with advanced video and audio quality. Easy to install, the camera displays a wider, panoramic view with enhanced, color night vision. The integrated spotlight lights up the night or helps to ward off unwanted visitors. Advanced noise cancelling technology also minimizes background noise for crystal clear, two-way conversations. Easily connect to other smart home devices with the included Arlo SmartHub. Arlo Ultra Systems also includes 1 year of Arlo Smart Premier service.

Ultra Features.png

For more information about your Arlo Ultra System, and some other helpful resources, check out these articles below:

If you have any questions about the Arlo Ultra System, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need any more help on your Arlo Ultra System, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Buy your Arlo Ultra System now on Amazon and Best Buy.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

61 REPLIES 61
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dazler,

To access live view, your SmartHub and viewing device would need to have an internet connection.

If your internet was down, you would not be able to access a live stream.

JamesC

Dazler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James,

Do you think this is something that could be done in the future with a firmware update?

Or there would be no way due to hardware design.

I had WiFi but internet was down due to lightning.

It would be great if in this scenarios it would allow you to live view from inside the house WiFi and also record any outside movement.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dazler,

Arlo is a cloud based system. To live stream, you must have an internet connection.

However, in your scenario, it sounds like the local storage backup feature could be beneficial. This would allow you to continue receiving recordings locally to an SD card as long as your SmartHub remains powered and the mode was set to "Armed"  at the time the internet connection was lost. This won't allow you to live stream, but you would be able to continue receiving recordings from the cameras locally.

Take a look here for more information: How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

JamesC

JUJ326
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James
I recently bought a 2 Ultra camera system and all worked great upon install.

I was having some connection issues with one of the cameras where I could never go to “live” feed and the camera would not sense me when I purposely tried to trigger the motion.

I removed the device and tried to re-add. It’s been two days & nothing seems to work to get the camera back online.

I’ve tried sync, resetting camera and modem... nothing

I’ve tried using my laptop, battery is fully charged...

The lil blue light will blink and then rapidly blink before it goes off and the apps is left still searching

Thoughts on how I can get this camera reconnected?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUJ326,

Try rebooting your SmartHub and bring the camera close (within a few feet) and attempt to sync again.

Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
In your settings choose which camera isn’t cooperating and go to the setting and go to device utilities and camera positioning. This will gauge how your bandwidth is in distance from your camera to home base station(smart hub)
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
You do not need to buy the premium video recording all that does is your paying to store 4K videos in the cloud. You can enable 4K to store on micro sd card in smart hub
iCanSeeClearly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey I'm having trouble getting wifi signal for 3 cameras, i got the basestation in the middle of the house but front & back only gets 1 bar red wifi signal.....what is an cheap alternative route for me to get all cameras with better signals? Thanks in advnace.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iCanSeeClearly,

You could add additional SmartHubs (no limit) and position them close to the cameras having issues. Each SmartHub would need an internet connection.

You could also try elevating your existing SmartHub and moving it away from other WiFi sources (nearby routers, smart devices, etc.) as they could be causing interference. This may help improve the signal strength from your SmartHubs current position to the cameras.

JamesC

noboruarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still unable to resolve my 1 year free subscription for Arlo Ultra even though I am in Singapore where the Smart Plans are offered. The cams are lying there useless for almost a month. I do not know what the strategy is for Arlo.

ventosa
Aspirant
Aspirant

trying to install , Have installed app  when I go to add new device sends me back to app install and shows installed

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ventosa,

It's not clear what issue you are experiencing. To get started, first navigate to the app store on your mobile device and download the Arlo mobile app. After the mobile app is installed, tap "create account" and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC