Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I get Rma (terrible support)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Huskyy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not know what to do with a defective arlo ultra.

I have been using multiple pro2 cameras for years. I used to have good impressions of Arlo.
But the ultra chaanged it completely.
I purchased a set but sadly one was defective. It took few days to process Rma. (another major problem, arlo selling the products via military store and refused to send rma product to military address, I had to pay extra shipping cost to have it shipped via forwarder)
Anyway I received it, worked for a few days and stopped working with almost same issues.
I contacted arlo support again, spending 12days the support is repeating meaningless process again and again such as restart your device, what is the firmware version.
Once I answer theses, another support personnel reply back and asking almost same questions again and again then say restart your device.

Seriously does arlo think this is normal process?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have more than one camera? If so try swapping them around to see if the problem remains with the camera or location. To have 2 cameras have essentially the same problem starts to sound like a signal strength/quality issue due to the location. You could also change the camera's location, possibly closer to your hub, to see if there's a difference.

Huskyy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does not really fix anything.
The main problem is arlo support.
They are not willing to accept warranty cliam at all.
Asking same questions again again. And keep giving similar sutions like turn off and back on.
Finally I got the great answer. The person replied "Contact support"

As others said arlo is great only when it works.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you give us more details on what isn't working with the camera?

Also, if you have a support case number, you could post it here.  Then the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) could review it, and possibly escalate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation