Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ExArloUser
Follower
Follower

I recently wasted about 4 hours of my life trying to work out the two-way audio with Arlo "customer service". The immature representative decided to hang up on me after I asked her why I needed to provide my email address for the third time in the same call. I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor. Luckily, I got the same agent Lyn, because I pointed out that she just hung up on me. She tried to get me to give up by placing me on hold for another 25 minutes. Then she came back and tried to help me solve my issue. I wasn't interested in solving the problem at that point and I asked her to escalate my call to a supervisor about 7 more times before she came back and said her supervisor was on another call with another supervisor and would call me back the next day. This call took place on 12/2/19 and I have called back to request a supervisor and get a different story every time. In case anybody at Arlo gives a **bleep**, my case number is 41307005 and the agent who horribly handled my case was named Lyn. I have since returned my Arlo Ultra system and all accessories and I will share my experience with all my friends and family when they ask my about which system I recommend. Arlo won't be around very long if this is the customer service they are offering.

Two thumbs down for Arlo!

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor support experience. I will review your case and escalate as needed.

JamesC

Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently this is par for the course.

I opened a case by email and the initial response went into my spam folder. Okay, that's not Arlo's fault. I then got another email almost a week later saying that if they don't hear back from me they will close the case. I responded immediately and was met by crickets. I waited a few more days (almost a week actually) and updated my case again, via web. I then got a response basically saying that "we can't issue you a refund because we're the support people".

HUH? I never asked for a refund or even hinted at one. For all intents and purposes I have gotten no response and no assistance. Support has been non-existent.

I opened another case for a problem with the Android app and have heard nothing.

That's actually why I joined this forum - to get support from other users, if I need it. Thankfully my issues are not critical.

I love my Arlo 2 system but there seems to be zero support behind it. None. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rob-A,

What issue are you experiencing with the app? Can you provide some details?

JamesC

Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

The annoying black bar at the top of the screen that constantly pops up. It's like a notification but it's not.

Arlo_problem.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rob-A,

This issue has been escalated to the development team. Thank you for the screenshots.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation