Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Tucker1003
Follower
Follower

Has anyone had to pay a subscription for a secure server? I've had my ultra for 1 year, now im being told for my system to work after 6 mo that I need to subscribe to "micro software squad" in order to use my system. Anyone encounter this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where did you see that info? It wasn't from Arlo.

After your trial subscription runs out you either have to pay for a subscription or resort to local recordings on a microSD card in the hub, which are viewable via the app.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You didn't try a web search for "Arlo support" did you?

Any search like that, whatever the brand you search for, is likely to throw up scam sites that masquerade as genuine brands but are no such thing. They exist to suck you into paying for unnecessary support and can even lead to badly compromised security on your network.

Beware.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
laurenja
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes!!!  I was in a chat session with Arlo and explained that my "system" wasn't working properly.  That some of my users couldn't see all of the cameras even though I had granted them access to all of the cameras. The Arlo Expert said to give him 5 mins and he would have a technician call me to resolve this issue.   Then this third party Micro Software Squad called me and told me I had to purchase a $149 subscription for a network protection update that is not including with my monthly Arlo subscription.  It sounded queer to me and I decided not to give this person my credit card. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@laurenja wrote:

Yes!!!  I was in a chat session with Arlo and explained that my "system" wasn't working properly. 

How did you start that chat session?

Are you sure that it was Arlo?

As you can see from the previous conversation this sound like an "intercepted" conversation that has nothing to down with Arlo.

Sadly it is an industry wide issue. Cowboy operators hijack web searches and deal up fake phone numbers that suck people into all manner of scam.

@laurenja wrote:

Then this third party Micro Software Squad called me and told me I had to purchase a $149 subscription for a network protection update that is not including with my monthly Arlo subscription. 

Sounds seriously dodgy.

@laurenja wrote:

It sounded queer to me and I decided not to give this person my credit card. 

Wise move.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Anthonycape
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes , the problem is you cant get a customer service number from Arlo , when you  google arlo customer support you are directed to this micro software squad were they portray being arlo technicians. They claimyou need to pay for firmware upgrade in order for your cameras to work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Anthonycape,

Make sure when you're contacting the support team to scroll down at click on "Contact Us" or use this link:  Arlo Support Team.

Read here to learn how to avoid any support scams: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

Martha83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! I just paid 249 for that subscription is this a scam?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Martha83 wrote:
Hello! I just paid 249 for that subscription is this a scam?

Subscription from whom? For what?

Whoever it was, it smells like a scam if it is anything the earlier messages in this conversation.

The only subscriptions that Arlo sells are for on-line storage.

If it isn't too late, you could cancel your payment and ask here for help with whatever you were trying to fix.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation