Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Aultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. My arlo ultra setup with 4 cameras have been working fairly good, until friday may 29th. Since that day it has been acting up, around half of the notifications i get don´t show up in the cloud recordings, and when i try to acces them in the dircet storage the video is not playable. 

What happens when i get a notification: Some of them show up and are visual on the cloud, most notifications show up on the phone but dealyed and are not visual on the cloud recordings?

When i try to acces the direct storage videos, i can see the recordings that the notifications tell me but when I start the video it just gives me a grey screen.

It have worked with minor issue´s for a good long time, but now it seems fairly broken? Seems like a firmware issue or some sort of broken system? 

I really like the arlo cameras but i wont extend any subscriptions if it works like this, please help me get my system back working again.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you done things like rebooting the hub, reinserting camera batteries, rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app?  Exactly what have you tried?

Aultra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried rebooting the hub through the app, removes the power supply from the hub, been through the setting from the app and from my. Arlo on a computer. Unplugged the cameras. But I haven’t tried to reinstall the app, I’ll give that a shot.
BinaryDichotomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, we just discovered that activity zones now require AC power, and I just posted about it. What a SERIOUS mistake by Netgear, absolutely ridiculous. But yeah, the most defining feature of these cameras now require them to be plugged in, which defeats the whole purpose of these being marketed as WIRELESS CAMERAS!

NETGEAR: WHY DID YOU DO THIS???

Aultra
Aspirant
Aspirant
But it’s the same on my arlo the recordings does not show in cloud recordings there either, so I don’t see it as a app issue or maybe I’m mistaken? I hope this is just some firmware issue that will be fixed soon.
BinaryDichotomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you look at the verbiage when you unplug a camera, it now says 'activity zones will not work if you aren't on AC power'...I only stumbled on that today after trying to figure out why we also have no cloud recordings since May 28th, and that's gotta be it. I'd attach a screenshot, but it has a file type of .jpeg, and their stupid forum software only allows .jpg (I'm on a tablet and can't change the filetype extenstion). They nerfed them, otherwise they verbiage wouldn't say that.

BinaryDichotomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I converted the jpg to a png. Also, to whomever maintains this website: The original image was .jpg extension, yet apparently your website renames it to a .jpeg...and the .jpeg extension isn't allowed by your system? Why would you change the file extension to something that isn't allowed by your website??? Wow.

Anyway, you can see the error now says that activity zones are only enabled when the camera is on AC power. Absolutely mindblowingly dumb.

Aultra
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jguerdat reinstalling app fixed the issue with local recordings, but just tested the cameras around the house and the Cloud recordings and app delay notifications still have issues.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@BinaryDichotomy   I may have missed it in your  several posts but are you on battery or AC power. Activity zones require subscription on battery. I believe the error you are seeing is a bug many have seen no matter what. . CVR always needed AC power. Activity zones seem to not working for many no matter what. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aultra wrote:
@jguerdat reinstalling app fixed the issue with local recordings, but just tested the cameras around the house and the Cloud recordings and app delay notifications still have issues.

Use of Arlo Smart can cause delays although they _shouldn't_ be excessive. This is because the videos have to be post-processed by the servers to determine whether to post the videos and send notifications which can take several seconds. You can test this by deactivating cameras in the Smart Notifications section in Settings - that will remove that post-processing time.

Aultra
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jguerdat
I have had my Arlo setup for almost a year so I know how it works with delays and such, but these delays of smart notifications is the same ones that does not show up in the cloud recordings.

Exsample: I walk from the front of the house to the drive way.

The front of the house camera give my a notification on moment/person detected. After a a few seconds. Then I walk to the drive way and activate the camera, a notification of movement/person then shoes like 5-10 mins after but the recording does not show in the cloud recording. It only have the recording on the base station/local SD card. So I have a system that at the moment Works right like 50-70% of the time and then have these extra delayed notifications that don’t show up in the cloud recordings. All movements is on the base station recordings so I figure there must be something wrong?

It has worked well for a good long time but now it has started to act out with these delays. I could understand if the cameras didn’t activate or saw me, but the 5-10 min delay notifications I get, if I highlight em I can still see its me 10 min ago on the smart notification. So I know it sees me and works but it does just not show in cloud?

I don’t know how to clarify the problem more detailed?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation