Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra signal loss when plugged in. Signal strength halves and cannot live stream in 4K.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
mpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having an issue when I connect a camera to AC power. The signal strength halves, I can no longer live stream in 4K, and the lag time to live view jumps to 25 seconds (previously was 4-5).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I actually read the troubleshooting, removed the camera and added it back, functions perfectly now. Probably should have done that first...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm, I looked at the cable, it’s not an Arlo cable (I quickly ordered on amazon). It is not shielded (just has a rubber outer cover). Probably the issue (RF interference) unless anyone is experiencing this with an Arlo cord. I assume the Arlo one is shielded as I see it is much more expensive than the one I ordered.
mpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
And I disconnected the power cord- still getting wonky signal- fluctuates between strong and good. Still a 25 second delay before live stream will start (other 2 cameras are 4-5 second) and the live feed has a good 6 second delay while playing. No 4K livestream.

The battery ran out before I installed the cord, do I need to reset something?
mpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I actually read the troubleshooting, removed the camera and added it back, functions perfectly now. Probably should have done that first...
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation