Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False triggers on cars.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlo-OC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo Ultra cameras, mounted in the front of my house. Both are AC powered. The “West” camera functions correctly. The “East” camera records every car that passes by the house. The street is just a very small portion of the coverage area.  The active area (purple) does not cover the street (or even close). The “Smart Notifications” only is triggered for people. The motion detection is set to 50.  The microphone is on with wind reduction. I have reset the activity zone numerous times. I have deleted the device and reinstalled. I still get false triggers on cars, forcing me to screen many false triggers.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For people the camera can only detect people to a max of about 25 ft... ( cars farther away as they reflect more IR )

I recomend aiming the camera to avoid the cars and concentrate on the area out to detect people, basicly don't cover more than the camera can detect.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Arlo-OC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Tom,

I appreciate your suggestions, however, I think something more is going on. Notice the enclosed “West Camera” photo. The West camera is closer to the street and the coverage includes much more of the street than the East camera. However, the West camera does not false trigger.   This does not make sense, if anything the West camera should be the one having problems. Also note that both cameras have active zones that exclude the street.   There seems to be an inconsistency in the way the camera’s trigger. Does anyone have a solution?

East
Arlo East Camera.jpg

West

West Camera.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You are only triggering on motion, correct?  Not audio?

Arlo-OC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have tried tuning off the microphone and/or having it on. I still get false triggers. The Mic being on makes no difference.

Thanks fro responding!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess you could try pointing the camera downward until you don't have the street in the field of view.

Biphnest
Tutor
Tutor

The whole point of setting up zones is to be able to exclude areas such as the street. The question to the ARLO team is why doesn’t the activity zones work as advertised? Many users have the same exact problem with cars and people outside of the defined activities zones triggering the camera. The ARLO must, by now, know exactly why this is occurring. ARLO team... please explain. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation