Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
AnthonyNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone else feel like Arlo have mislead them in their advertising. the original packaging and sales material for the Arlo Ultra stated that you could watch cloud recordings for upto 7 days without a subscription. 

Since my subscription has ended. I cannot watch and recordings even with the use of my local storage SD card. One of the main cameras is now having false notifications and cannot be remotely access. 

I have tried to contact their online support and I get no answers. I am now considering legal action for the false advertising and then changing the product offering post the sales transaction

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@AnthonyNZ wrote:

Does anyone else feel like Arlo have mislead them in their advertising. the original packaging and sales material for the Arlo Ultra stated that you could watch cloud recordings for upto 7 days without a subscription. 

Do you have a copy of that packaging and sales material? That would be useful evidence. It would have to be official Arlo stuff rather than some garbled stuff on a retailer's website.

Seven days was certainly true for the Pro 2. Still is. But ever since then it has been pay as you go.

The only promotional material I have for the Ultra says "Arlo Smart service, including cloud recording,
requires paid subscription after 1 year", but I would not be surprised if there was something out there that glossed over the fee issue. But you'd need evidence to prove it.

By the way, you can still get at past material with Direc t Storage Access.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

No fees needed for that.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Gc3852
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo is the biggest and a total ripoff. Very unethical to hold us hostage unless we pay a monthly subscription. I post in every rateing I can to ruin their business.

Bob_1963
Guide
Guide

I agree bought them years ago and now rendered useless by the change made by Arlo. 

This is why the stock prices have tanked.

Bob

Hewu1688
Initiate
Initiate
I see false notifications every 1-3 minutes after free Arlo subscription has ended. That makes Ultra system unusable without paying Arlo subscription. You don’t see that problem until 3 months free Arlo subscription ended and can you still return it? I am going to call Costco to find out. Arlo is ripping People off and no warning about system is not really useable without paying monthly Arlo subscription.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Under the new Arlo people it is clear that their primary concern is building the cloud service and according to financial people Arlo is happy that they are retaining 50% after the free service ends.  Not really the way they are being advertised but then if camera sales drop because of bad rep, that 50% will be 50% of a smaller base.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep arlo is absoulte garbage of a product and company, even how they advertise 2 way audio is complete bs.. sure the option is there but its unusable with the amount of delay this product has. absolute worst purchase of my life. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation