Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Failing to pick up some people

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TheBarn1864
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera picks up some people, especially me. but not others.  My next door neighbour has never been spotted by the camera and mostly it doesn't pick up our postman.  But it does pick up me..........The unidentified people are walking across the camera not directly towards it and are less than 25 feet from it.............help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheBarn1864 wrote:

The camera picks up some people, especially me. but not others.  My next door neighbour has never been spotted by the camera and mostly it doesn't pick up our postman.  But it does pick up me..........The unidentified people are walking across the camera not directly towards it and are less than 25 feet from it............

Have you tried walking the same route that you see them walk?

You could try adjusting motion sensitivity or activity zones.

The cameras are more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view - which could also be a factor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheBarn1864 wrote:

The camera picks up some people, especially me. but not others.  My next door neighbour has never been spotted by the camera and mostly it doesn't pick up our postman.  But it does pick up me..........The unidentified people are walking across the camera not directly towards it and are less than 25 feet from it............

Have you tried walking the same route that you see them walk?

You could try adjusting motion sensitivity or activity zones.

The cameras are more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view - which could also be a factor.

TheBarn1864
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changed the angle of the camera and it works perfectly....thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation