Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

Anyone else having this problem? I have Pro2, Pro3, and Ultra cameras. I’m having this problem regardless of which camera generated the original video. 
-I view a Arlo video in my iPhone app. 
-I tap “save to Photos”. 
-In my Photos I edit the video, by shortening it, cropping it, adding contrast & sharpening it. Then save it. 
-Then I play it on my iPhone & there is sound. 
-But when I send it, whether by AirDrop, text or email, there is no sound. 
Anyone having the same issue or know how to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ixnarple,

If the video has sound when played on your iPhone, then this points to an issue on the playback device you're using that isn't playing sound. Have you tried a different device to see if you experience the same results?

JamesC

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

Yes, so far this same result has been experienced in 3 states by 4 people using various iPhones, email addresses, desktop computers and iPads. 
any other suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the free VLC player to see if that works.

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

I have the Windows version on my desktop. I’ll try it. 
Is there a version for iOS?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ixnarple wrote:

Is there a version for iOS?

There is.

FWIW, when I download Ultra videos to photos, I do hear audio when I play them on my iPhone 12 mini.  I just need to raise the volume up.  But I haven't tried editing, so that might be a factor.

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

Editing on the iPhone seems to be the ONLY factor for me. If I download and send with no editing, then the sound accompanies just fine. If I have the temerity to edit in any way, then send…. My punishment is no sound. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ixnarple wrote:

Editing on the iPhone seems to be the ONLY factor for me. If I download and send with no editing, then the sound accompanies just fine. If I have the temerity to edit in any way, then send…. My punishment is no sound. 

Interesting...

I just tested using the straightening tool, and the audio was preserved.  Trimming some video off the beginning and the end also worked ok.

Not sure of what steps you are using - I saved the entire video into photos first, then went back and edited it.  I saved the edited version as a new clip.

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

Typically I trim the video, adjust shadows, add contrast, definition & often sharpen a bit. About 50% of the time I crop as well. Haven’t considered that only one of those edits could be the problem. When I have a few minutes, I’ll check them one at a time to see if something in particular is the culprit.

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

Also, I simply save the edited video. I’ll also try your way if saving as a new clip to see if that’s it. 

I'm just so vexed by this. I’ve had Arlo cameras for years and have downloaded, edited and sent probably hundreds of videos to a dozen people by AirDrop, text and email without a problem ever!  Then, of a sudden, everyone begins to report no sound. WTF happened?  Was it an Arlo update?  An IOS update? Sunspots?  🤷‍♀️

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation