Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my cameras died - Feedback from an Arlo User After 15 Months

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Special-K
Follower
Follower

I have used a variety of cameras over the past 5 years or so.  Was always a Nest fan and used their best exterior wired cameras.  When we moved, Nest was unavailable so I decided to try Arlo Ultra instead.  I bought 4 cameras and a SmartHub.  Signal range was not great, but I made it work.  Shortly after the one year warranty expired, one of my cameras died.  Too bad for me.

What really disappointed me was the quality of customer service I received.  Agents clearly work off of boiler plates, don't try to understand the issues and really just waste time hoping you will give up.  At least, that was the impression I was left with.  They want me to buy more stuff.  Good for them.

Anyway, this little experiment with Arlo has come to an end.  I have cancelled my subscriptions and will start phasing out the Ultra's over the next few weeks.  My next supplier will have a quality product with US-based competent customer service.  At least, I hope they will.  All I know is that I cannot do business with another Arlo-type company that puts sales first and foremost, and treats its customers as mere annoyances that only deserve the least service possible.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Special-K,

What are you experiencing that indicates one of the cameras is defective? We may be able to assist here on the community, are you able to provide details?

JamesC

EarleSelf
Aspirant
Aspirant

His description of Arlo CS is spot on...

LorenzoH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issue with my Arlo Ultra which being sadly out of warranty has just died suddenly. Customer Support is hopeless with a standard ‘computer says…’ approach and when that doesn’t work…there’s always the option of buying another camera?! 

I took get the feeling that it’s all about sales with ‘too bad’ the attitude when a technical/product failure occurs…appalling frankly for something that’s sold as a premium product.

Fortunately I only have x1 of these cameras and a base station (now useless) which has in any case never lived up to its hype and I for one will never be buying another Arlo product but will be careful to scrutinise after sales warranty and service standards before investing in a competitor product…probably Nest from what I’ve read and heard.

Companies like this one never seem to learn who’s important until it’s too late…’too bad’ will be my attitude when that day inevitably materialises.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation