Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
debennett2
Tutor
Tutor

I've called, wrote, chatted, etc. I dropped my Arlo hub and it broke. Not a warrantied thing. I asked where/how I can buy a replacement. They won't sell you one. Anywhere....even support. The refuse. 

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how that being trapped into buying a whole new SYSTEM is not just short of theft?!

Shouldn't it be: I have money, you have a thing I need. Done?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

debennett2,

We plan for a standalone version of the SmartHub to be available for purchase in the future, but unfortunately I do not have an ETA at this time.

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case on this issue and offer any assistance I can. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

debennett2
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC wrote:

debennett2,

We plan for a standalone version of the SmartHub to be available for purchase in the future, but unfortunately I do not have an ETA at this time.

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case on this issue and offer any assistance I can. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

I don't understand. How are you replacing hubs that break in warranty? Is there an actual difference between the hub in the kits and the hub once it is broken? None of this makes any sense since mine is broken and all I want to do is PAY FOR A REPLACEMENT. This is insanity. 

KarlisK
Tutor
Tutor
You can buy it at Amazon, at least, it looks like that link bellow is what you are loking for: https://www.amazon.de/Arlo-Ultra-Entry-Hub/dp/B0722JTXN7/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=VMB5000&qid=1555524...
debennett2
Tutor
Tutor

@KarlisK wrote:
You can buy it at Amazon, at least, it looks like that link bellow is what you are loking for: https://www.amazon.de/Arlo-Ultra-Entry-Hub/dp/B0722JTXN7/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=VMB5000&qid=1555524...

Thanks but I'm in the U.S. and this one won't ship to the USA. 

debennett2
Tutor
Tutor

Just so everyone is clear. Arlo has literally done nothing to try to remedy my situation. I don't expect much from anyone anymore, HOWEVER, to entrap me into buying an additional camera SYSTEM at 399 instead of being able top replace the hub at maybe over 100, is ENTRAPMENT. I'm not asking for anything free or even at a discount. Just the ability to buy what I need. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation