Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I need to connect the WiFi extender to my network before I connect the Arlo system?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Smj51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I need to connect the WiFi extender to my network before I connect the Arlo system? I have attempted to connect the extender with no success. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why are you installing an extender - to plug the hub into? If you need to actually install an extender, be sure to read the directions supplied with it as well as use the extender's manufacturer's support.

Smj51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a very weak signal on one outside camera. That is why I need the WiFi extender. If I move the hub I lose signal on the second camera.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Smj51  I believe you started a new thread replying to you other. The camera connection has nothing to do with wifi.  They connect directly to the hub on its own closed system. Its the hub that connects to the internet. So You need to connect the hub to router or  wifi extender with an ethernet port.  So try moving the one cam closer to were you put the hub. 

Padge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar question I have no idea about IT stuff. I want to put a camera at the rear of the house by the pool. I have google mesh systems installed So I have wifi outside and all round the house. My question is will a camera work out there if the hub is at the front of the house but connected to the hub that mess gives me wifi outside.

hope that makes sense

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras connect to the Base unit only ( with exception of few cams )...

The base gets connected to your router for internet service, You can not use most of the Arlo cameras directly to your home wifi.

If you really need to expand your coverage area you can always use more than one base unit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation