Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Is anybody having problems with the most recent ultra base station firmware?

I noticed my cameras which were connected to the ultra base station didn’t have any recording and kept going offline for some reason. I narrowed it down to only happening since the dec 2nd firmware update, and after some testing I realized that the base station will go online but goes offline as soon as any camera is triggered to record.

This is completely the opposite I would like a security camera to work. Why would I want a camera to go offline as soon as it’s triggered. Then no recording is saved afterwards?

I have been having geofence issues which I have relied on for over a year since iOS 13 and I am told it is being worked on and should be fixed in the next app update. Now, they have another “update” which is another step backwards.

Anybody else having this issue with the ultra? My arlo pro base is still working as expected, minus the geofence issue...
178 REPLIES 178
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah well that's the mistake I made with my door bell, must of tried getting it back on my system 100 times now over last 2 days, seems to sync but app shows nothing
Br11183
Guide
Guide
For clarification--after the factory reset, my boot indications seem to have slightly changed (although it is somewhat possible, although unlikely I had the same indications before and just hadn't paid attention or have become that much more familiar with it since).

Now when booting up, the LED goes from solid orange to flashing orange/blue to blinking orange to solid orange, where it remains.
MMILLER-ME
Tutor
Tutor

ARLO - WE NEED A FIX ON THIS URGENTLY! Cameras are completely inoperable - this isn't something you can take your time on. Just roll back the firmware to the previous version even......this is a security product - this is completely unacceptable for them to be completely inoperable like this for several days!

Br11183
Guide
Guide
Now that I have factory reset, rebooted, etc. and have the solid orange light (a previous indication of no internet), I swapped ethernet ports on my router, restarted, etc. I even logging into my router, and I can see the hub on the router as online, but not passing traffic. Everything else across my household is online, with no issues.

Day 4 with an inoperable hub and five useless cameras. I am getting more frustrated.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Would take them 5mins to push out prior working firmware

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem, the camera closest to router with best signal strength does this.  Potentially the camera with the 5g connection.

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes 1 of the 4 cameras does this.  It is the camera closest tot the bast with the most bars for strength.

tbath
Aspirant
Aspirant

I continue to have issues with activity zones not working, motion being detected but not recording or invoking the spotlight at night, missed recordings, people being detected instead of cars, etc.  This is a complete disaster and needs to be fixed ASAP.

robot-monster
Star
Star

My one camera with CVR has been in a tiz since the firmware update. The other three cameras seem to be fine. And the CVR has stopped recording for several days. Two tickets in. I don't know if the CVR issue is related to the firmware update but it's been frustrating since we paid for the full year subscription, and it's kind of getting critical.

At least the one camera seems to be sort of working at the moment. 

Another odd thing: the video clip recording time is all over the place now. I tried to reset it in the app, but it keeps recording super long clips. At least it's recording something!

MMILLER-ME
Tutor
Tutor

According to James "The development team is investigating these reports but is unable to replicate the issue. I recommend opening a ticket with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link."

Is this a joke? the support team can't replicate the issue? 

robot-monster
Star
Star

I empathize with the support team. My guess is they were forced to do this update with the rollout of the video doorbell, especially with the holiday season here (which is why I use Amazon locker!). This has got to suck for them. 

aw092000
Tutor
Tutor

my system has become unstable after the 2.11.1 (1679) update ( says released 19 Nov 2019). Cameras randomly go offline or fail to connect when I wish to view.  one camera that i re-synced is now telling me that i can't used activity zones because I'm not connected to power...which should not happen with ultra. Also the light on some cameras is not coming on when i manually trigger it.

I've got a current subscription to arlo smart premier.  Anyone else having these problems and found a fix for them?

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes I am...Since the purchase of an Ultra system, to extend my existing Pro 2 system. I have never been able to set a zoom, adjust the POV field, or set activity zones with Ultra Cameras, I can with all the Pro 2 versions. Nothing I do will make these options function, and its been through several "wonderful" firmware updates. I have a mix of cameras on two bases, so the only common denominator is the camera.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 4 ultras has been recording tonight it started a few hours ago....but its recording "animals" when that feature is off and its also been recording for like 5mins each time and there is no movement! Wtf...I've had to turn it off!

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@surfer1000 is your camera connected to power or only battery? If its connected to power, try using it with a battery only. This was recommended in another thread and it appears to solve some issues around notifications (temporary fix). 

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

That camera by power, I have 2 by solar and 1 just battery

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine are powered with the arlo vs offer market magnetic power supplies.

After the upgrade and camera taking the base station offline I removed the camera, rebooted everything (even dsl modem) added the camera back and ended up with the messed up motion areas.

This afternoon the motion recording just stopped in the camera completely.  Something as large as a car will not activate.  

So I tried pulling the power but no motion recording, I then removed the camera and added back.  Motion now records but the motion window is still top left corner.

seems crazy to spend premium on ultra camera and actual arlo power and with a firmware update the cameras go offline and won’t record motion?

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes the update messed up 1 of my 4 cameras.  Motion sometimes does not record and the activity zones can’t be set.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Come on James....when is a fix coming!

Bigcitynl
Star
Star
Everone needs to call Arlo Support and open a case with them. They dont read these forums and complaining to each other doesn't get them fixed
The number to call is 1 (408) 638 3750
carath86
Tutor
Tutor
Same here! It’s really frustrating. Last night not a single video recorded over night. Yes It all started with the firmware update.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Still waiting for an update for my very expensive paperweights 

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I was told by a phone call from arlo that an update would be coming on Thursday this week coming up, no sooner...🙄🙄🙄
Bobbzys
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
I also have the same problem, works for a while after restart then triggered by motion etc the Smartbase station starts flashing orange and sometimes some ultra cameras go offline but mostly they drops connection status to the bottom (red) etc
And they also stops recording
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

another day another issue,  this time one of seven cameras started to trigger for no reason every one to three min. for no reason.  After 3 hours and more than 100 videos I had to turn it off, if I leave it on I'll have more than 1000 by morning.  I'm thinking maybe it was the camera firmware and not the hub.  They both updated to new firmware about the same time.