Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Hello

So I upgraded to 4K (Smart Elite) and I am happy with the quality. BUT: Unhappy that I cannot view it in any web browser in 4K, except when I download the file.

Shouldn't we be able to play 4K-files (from library) directly in 4K in the browser?

Tried Edge, Edge Chronium and Chrome - they all do not support it.

For this 'Elite' price tag - it should be. Will it be in the upcoming HTML5-Implementation (which is also really needed)

Second question:

- When viewing the cams (live view), they are too only playing in FullHD. I mean viewiing them in a browser = viewing it on a big screen, so it definitly should be viewable in 4K...

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Are you using a 4K monitor and 4K gpu ?
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I do.

If I download the file, it is correctly beeing shown in 4K on a 4K monitor. It's just not supported by the Browser.

Anyway the flash plugin is ... **bleep**ty. Hope they will replace it soon with HTML5. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nothing to do with Flash. It's all about the browser and computer hardware. W10 Edge has limited capability - check the FAQ here about 4k compatibility.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The article jguerdat is referring to can be found here: Which devices are supported for HEVC 4K or 2K playback?

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dumdidum wrote:

Shouldn't we be able to play 4K-files (from library) directly in 4K in the browser?

Tried Edge, Edge Chronium and Chrome - they all do not support it.

FWIW, Edge does play 4K on my laptops and desktops.  But as noted, that requires hardware support for 4K HEVC in the GPU.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Are you saying you can stream “live view” in 4K ?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloultra wrote:
Are you saying you can stream “live view” in 4K ?

I meant library playback.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
So for now, Live streaming in 4K using Edge, Chrome, or Firefox is not possible ?
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Live streaming in 4K is not possible in Chrome and Edge.
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Can you elaborate ? How would one know if it’s streaming in 4K ? 4K Icon ? I’ve tried everything and my live feed is obviously 1080 at best! No problem viewing 4K files from library.
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
It shows a 4K-Logo in the livestream.
You habe to turn it on for every camera. It will disable the zoom to movement-feature
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Is this confirmed on Win10 64bit ?
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
No
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
My bad. Misread your previous post. Thought it said you were able to view on PC lol
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Can any experts explain why this isn’t possible currently?
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation