Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

So I just discovered that you can select what to see either the cloud recording or the hub w/memory card.

I noticed that my Ultra w/CVR set to record motion that the cloud recording was 15 secs (which didn't pick up the motion as early as it normally does) and the hub recording of same event was 21 secs of the same event.

The hub recording, started 6 secs earlier.

Is this normal or just a fluke?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JehovasFitness wrote:

So I just discovered that you can select what to see either the cloud recording or the hub w/memory card.

I noticed that my Ultra w/CVR set to record motion that the cloud recording was 15 secs (which didn't pick up the motion as early as it normally does) and the hub recording of same event was 21 secs of the same event.

The hub recording, started 6 secs earlier.

Is this normal or just a fluke?

It does happen sometimes, though I've never seen an explanation from Arlo as to why.  My guess is that something glitched on the hub->cloud transfer. 

It'd be nice to if the system could automatically sync the cloud from the hub version when this happens.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Before when I only had option for cloud recording, the recording always started earlier as in I could see my car coming down the driveway head on... now all I see is the last door and rear as the car about goes from frame of view

ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing.  A long delay so the motion only gets have the activity.  Not much use.  So far very under whelmed with Arlo.  I am going to give it one more week and then probably return the system. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation