Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This week Arlo released a firmware update for Arlo Ultra 4K HDR cameras. Please join Jimmy Lin, director of product management at 11AM PT this Thurs 7/18/19 as he shares the highlights of this firmware update and takes your questions about Arlo Ultra.

Jimmy will be live in this Arlo Community discussion thread from 11AM PT to noon on Thursday 7/18/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Jimmy will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

Jimmy Lin.jpg

Jimmy Lin is director of product management at Arlo Technologies where he is responsible for the company’s wire-free camera product line and associated accessories. Prior to Arlo he served on GoPro’s product management team and was responsible for bringing to market iconic wearable action cameras.  Throughout his career, he has held several roles in product, business, and engineering at companies such as Broadcom, Synaptics, as well as consultancy roles at Pricewaterhouse Coopers. 

Jimmy holds a Master of Business Administration from Santa Clara University, a Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from UC Santa Barbara, and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from UC San Diego. 

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33
JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Rlbnkk we're actively working with SmartThings and look forward to announcing more when available 

JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

@Jhawk27 

I'd love to tell you more about the exciting future... stay tuned! 

The community will be amongst the first to know

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

Great that you agree with me  @JimmyLin  but can you answer the question as I am still dependent on the browser to access the cameras primarily because if I need to capture anything from CVR to provide to authorities I need to record my desktop.  I can't save footage from CVR on my mobile device.  If I am wrong then please tell me how.

JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

@Flicker6 

Understand your frustration, let us continue to work on this.

JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks everyone for joining me today. I enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to doing this again soon. We will keep this thread open until end of day today so if you have more questions, leave them here and I will come back and respond in the next couple of days.

Eaglesam
Aspirant
Aspirant
When will the multi sensor be ready??????
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @JimmyLin!  Thanks for taking the time to do this.

My question centers around downtime/notifications thereof.  On a few occassions my Ultra cameras have lost connectivity with the base station and there's no way of knowing unless I happen to be checking the cameras in the app.  I would love to see notificatoins via txt/email when a camera goes offline or loses connectivity.

The last time this happened I was literally about to head out the door to the beach but instead had to break out a ladder to fix a camera on the second floor.  If I had known ahead of time it wouldn't have been so painfully rushed.

JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

@Eaglesam

We are targeting in the first half of 2020

JimmyLin
Arlo Employee Retired

@Retired_Member 

Great idea. I've taken this thought back internally for further discussion

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation