Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Floydbloke
Star
Star

Hopefully just a user error.

Using the Android app (v2.16.1_27099), clicking on the library I can't see an option to select the source so I can view locally stored clips ( I don't have a cloud subscription).

Admittedly I haven't tried to do this for while (had the system disarmed during Covid-19 lockdown) so I may be missing something simple.  I ejected the SD card and checked on PC, there are definitely clips on the card.

Any thoughts/ideas please.

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Floydbloke wrote:

Using the Android app (v2.16.1_27099), clicking on the library I can't see an option to select the source so I can view locally stored clips ( I don't have a cloud subscription).

Have you set up direct storage access?

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

In the Android app, you should see the choice of cloud/local.

Local storageLocal storage

Unfortunately, my experience is that the link to local storage has a habit of vanishing.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Unfortunately, my experience is that the link to local storage has a habit of vanishing.

I've seen that also.  Force-stopping the app, and restarting it usually brings it back.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

I've seen that also.  Force-stopping the app, and restarting it usually brings it back.

Good advice.

It seems to work here too.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes, good advice and there has been a lot of good and helpful advice on here and people ready to help.  However that wouldn't be the main problem, the problem is that a top of the line product a year and a half old should not require this continual fixing.  To someone enjoying tech it might even be fun figuring it out but not what most people buy a security system for.  I know many people with other systems that never have to maintain their systems once installed.  Consider if you had spent more than $2000 on a TV and it had these constant issues and every firmware caused it to malfunction and you missed your shows, would you not be raging against the product.  When working they are a great system but I didn't buy them to work on, I used to enjoy finding and fixing computer issues but now I just want them to work and the same with my security.

Floydbloke
Star
Star

Thank you all.

Went through and disable then re-enabled SD card and direct storage access. Force-stopped and restarted the app and we're back in business.

LandJS is right, a premium-priced product shouldn't be this flaky.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation