Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lexlotus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone! I bought the Arlo Ultra Set with 4 cameras plus base station, but i couldnt even get a signal about 5m away from the base station (2 walls between). This is so disgusting. I cant put the smart hub nearer to the cameras. Ob the other side of the house the connection also doesnt work. What should i do?

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lexlotus,

Just to be sure, are you having problems setting up your Arlo Ultra cameras to the SmartHub or are you seeing on the Arlo app that you're getting a weak signal strength from your cameras? 

Lexlotus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica!

Thank you for your answer.
No problems with connecting the Cameras, but when i walk to the position where i wanna place the cameras, i have very weak to no signal.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

House construction, things on and in the walls, etc. all play into this. Signal strength is reduced by blockage, just as with any WiFi. While the spec says UP TO 300 feet, that's in a perfect world. Many folks have issues at 30 feet due to this. You can move the hub for better signal to the cameras or you may need to reconsider where to position the cameras.

WHat is your house construction?

Lexlotus
Aspirant
Aspirant
But it‘s just about 15 feet away. It‘s made out of cement. I can‘t put the hub closer to the cameras and i also can‘t put the cameras closer to the hub because the the parking spot is exactly the position i want‘t to monitor.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cement and the likely use of rebar can easily be the issue. You can move the hub by using a long Ethernet cable or a WiFi or powerline extender to get the best signal to the cameras.

Lexlotus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi jguerdat!

Like I just mentioned before. I can‘t place the hub any closer this is the nearest possible (16feet away). My whole home is wired with ethernet so this is not the issue. The entrance door an the parking spot is the most important place for the cameras so I need this to work.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to help you further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation