Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra VMS5440 Smart notifications problem

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mefids
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set this system up two days ago, starting with two of the four cameras.  I have Smart Notifications set to People only.  The toggle for Vehicles, Animals, and Other Motion are turned off.   

1. My front door camera is sending and recording frequent motion and occasional vehicle alerts.  I set the Activity Zone very tight on the front walk and entryway.  The first 7 hours the battery went from 44% to 10%.  I put in a freshly charged battery and the drain continued.  I removed and resynched the camera, reset Smart Notification and Activity zone, and that helped the battery drain but I am still getting motion and vehicle alerts.

2.  My rear door camera alerts my two dogs as persons.  They are Standard Poodles and may think they are "persons" but they walk on four legs like normal dogs.  They are in and out many times a day.  I can't say how much of an impact this is having on the battery since I have a solar charger connected to this camera.  Nevertheless, the false alerts of a person at the back door are concerning.

Is this a known issue?  If so, is a fix being worked on?  Both the hub and cameras went through updates when I did the installed them so should be the latest version.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Mefids

Is this issue still occurring? Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation