Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi: I recently added an Arlo Ultra Add-on camera (Black) edition and noticed I cannot control the LED in 4k Live mode.  It works fine when I'm connected either from my Phone Data (LTE) or when I'm not in 4k mode not on local WiFi.  Happens on both Android and iOS.  I have some other Arlo Ultra cameras and those are working fine with the only difference that those are HW Version H6.

Camera HW Version: H7

Camera FW Version: 1.070.50.3_216

Hub HW Version: VMB5000r4

Hub FW Version: 1.16.1.1_475

Appreciate any info from folks.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
trinatron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi KenC

If you're referring to the spotlight  when you say LED then I believe I experienced something similar to you.

After adding an additional Ultra camera to my system, I noticed during Local 4K Live View I wasn't able to manually turn the spotlight on/off as there was no change to what I was seeing in the Live View. I wasn't sure if the problem started because of the additional camera or the lastest Smarthub firmware update which occurred during the process of adding the camera.

After a couple of tests, I discovered what was really happening was the spotlight was actually turning on/off, but due to the Live View having a horrible delay 25+ sec, it wasn't showing up with the actions.

The problem went away after a few days without any changes so it wasn't the firmware and may of actually been caused by adding the additional camera.

Have you tried rebooting the SmartHub just to reset the WiFi channel and connections to your cameras?

KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, sorry meant the LED Spotlight, thank you for clarifying.  Yes, I've tried restarting the hub, my WiFi Routers, removing/adding the camera and none has corrected the issue. I have waited for more than 1 minute for the spotlight to turn on in 4k video mode, which it appears never does.

The strange thing is that I can control the Spotlight when I'm on Cellular Data (LTE) or when I'm not on the Local WiFi (non-4k mode).  There is not a long delay to adjust the spotlight when I'm in non-4k video mode.  

KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the help.  Your feedback was spot on.  The video that I thought I was looking at was more of a "still picture", but very long delays.  Spot Light is working, but there is definitely a long video delay to look out for. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation