Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mikearends
Tutor
Tutor
Love all the features just wish the recording function was stable and worked.so far support has been no help. When I reset the base station and cameras they will record for a few hours then go to sleep. The base station is within 15 feet of the cameras. I also have a 400 gig micro sd card
My upload speed for internet is 10.2mbps and download 232.6mbps

Also purchased 5 extra charge cords so all cameras are plugged in

Purchased a Solar charge panel and that does a very poor job of charging the cameras battery

If support can’t help me get system stable hope they will expedite a refund so I can get a system that records
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikearends,

When you notice recordings are no longer occurring, Does your system give you any error messages? What is the LED behavior on your SmartHub?

The solar panel charges slower than an AC adapter, if you have a lot of traffic in the area and the cameras are recording frequently, this could mean the battery usage is outpacing the charge provided by the solar panel. You may need to try and reduce the amount of activity that camera records by adjusting position or sensitivity.

JamesC

SDB12345
Aspirant
Aspirant
I unfortunately have 10 Arlo Ultra cameras. The cameras that are plugged in stop working even though they are at 100%. Once I remove their power source, they seem to wake up and start recording again. I'm so frustrated. I have to constantly do a juggling act to keep the cameras working. I'm taking screen shots and videos with my phone and posting them to show everyone these cameras are useless.
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem with 4 cameras, at least one of them stops recording every 5 days.  They do record to local storage in most cases.  I am trying to proactively reboot the base I very 3rd night to see if that helps, I can go a few more daisy before they stop responding.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SDB12345, Chrisk2

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation