Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Elowe228
Tutor
Tutor

In the future it would be great if the modes could determine spotlight activation by creating a rule. Currently I have only seen the ability in device setting to turn on/off the light.  Within a mode a user can create a rule for the light to be active or not. Also since there is an ability to record on camera 1 when camera 2 detects motion for an option to keep light on or off.

As of now if Camera 1 detects motion I have it set to also record on camera 2 but the light goes on wish i can have it set to off. Again there are times that I would like or need the light and other times I do not need the light.

Yes I can always buy more cameras and have them setup with the light feature permanently off or camera with out but that isn't practical. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elowe228 wrote:

In the future it would be great if the modes could determine spotlight activation by creating a rule.

It would be good to be able to set a schedule for the spotlight activation.  Adding it to the rule is one option - though maybe it should be an independent schedule?  Rules and Modes are pretty complicated already.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation