Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera's not recording to library

Discussion stats
Jonsey1958
Guide
Guide
Can anyone give advice, camera's were working fine, then a few days ago stopped recording to the library. They work fine manually, but do not pick up motion of any kind . So I reset base station and everything was ok for a couple of hours, then back to the same problem, not picking up motion. Come on arlo these are supposed to be security cameras to prevent burglary, what is going on.
30 REPLIES 30
KailuaN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Turning off activity zones solved the non-recording issue for me. Now I have cameras that are picking up too much activity. Arlo needs to fix to keep my paid subscription!
mshumph
Guide
Guide
My cameras started recording at 0547. I may still purchase a ring camera to add to my ring video system. Arlo worked perfectly for 3 years. What has happened recently! I hope they get it together because I like their system much better than Ring and Simplisafe. I have both of those.
mshumph
Guide
Guide
I’m wondering how many here are having problems with only the original cameras that came with the system several years ago.
We added one of Arlo’s new cameras several months ago, and we are having no problems with that one. Also, our friend purchased a new Arlo system a few months ago. He is having no problems with his system.
This problem started after Arlo sent out that letter stating they were changing their system to disallow 3rd party cameras (I think that was the goal). But after they did whatever they did, is when my issues started with my original cameras that came with the system when purchased several years ago.
Tmq
Guide
Guide
I Have exactly the same issue. Then I turn activity zones off it starts showing videos in the library.
Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.  Would be nice to get updates emailed from Arlo as to what is happening or it any new updates are coming to rectify the issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Between 10/14/19 11:30PM PT and 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT some Arlo Smart subscribers who utilize the Activity Zones feature noticed video clips were missing from their library. As of 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT this issue is resolved and video recordings now work as previously configured. All Arlo systems are operational. You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/. Our team continues to closely monitor our systems to ensure they function as expected.

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC